Chapter Nineteen

Mae's Perspective

I've always been scared of motorcycles. I remember hearing about motorcycles getting in crashes and being paralyzed for the rest of their lives, or worse, killed.

I don't know what compelled to say yes to Gavi's offer of riding on his motorcycle. Whatever did, I'm very grateful for.

"How are you doing?" Gavi asks as he starts to slow down.

We've been zooming through the streets for the past 15 minutes, and it's been fucking awesome. The exhilaration and thrill of it has heighted all my senses, and I've never felt so alive.

"I feel fucking amazing," I admit.

He laughs at my response as he starts to pull over.

"What's so funny?" I demand.

"Nothing," he lies, hopping off the motorcycle.

Before I can press any further, I notice where we are. Well, more like don't notice where we are. It's clearly a part of the city that I have yet to explore. The streets aren't as busy, for only a few people walk them. Most of the building's lights are dim or shut off, causing the sidewalks and surrounding areas to be dim lightless.

"Where are we?"

"You'll see," he says.

He proceeds to grab a bag from a compartment that opens up on his motorcycle, then starts to walk down the street.

"You coming?" he asks, turning to wait for me.

"This better not be when you murder me. I know you didn't get the chance too last time, but I see no reason to kill me now. I mean I thought we were really getting along and to be honest-"

"I'm not gonna kill you," he promises, grabbing my hand so that he can drag me along.

I don't argue with him, too focused on the fact that our hands are intertwined. I mean, that's fine with me!

We've been walking down the street for about ten minutes when we get to what seems like a staircase. Although it's run down, and can make out the stones that build up the steps. He starts to make his way up the stairs, pulling me along. Yup, he's still holding my hand.

We continue to make our way up the stairs, inching farther away from the city. The city terrain soon starts to turn into nothing but nature. I look up at the sky, and realize the stars are much brighter now that we are away from the bright city lights.

"We're here!" Gavi points out.

I look around and am met with an open grassy field.

"And where are we exactly?" I ask, a bit confused.

He doesn't respond, but instead starts to pull a bunch of stuff out of his backpack. A blanket, some food, drinks.

"Is this a date?" I ask, a bit surprised by all of this.

'Do you want this to be a date?" a small smile appearing upon his face. He sets the blanket down and lays down on it.

I lay down next to him, staring up at the stars.

"Maybe?" I respond, curious to see what he'll say.

"So it's official then. Our second date," he smiles.

I can feel butterflies start to form in my stomach. God, why does he make me feel like this?

"Aren't the stars just beautiful tonight," I point out.

"Ya.....the stars..."

I turn to find that he's staring at me.

"Oh stop it," I say, nudging his shoulder.

"Stop what?" he chuckles.

"Stop staring at me!"

"What do you mean? I'm not staring at you," he says, as he moves his face closer to mine.

His lips are so close to mine, just inches away. It takes every ounce of self-control not to move in closer. The mixture of the freezing air and the closeness of our lips sends a shiver down my spine, causing my body to shake.

He notices, and laughs, "You want me to kiss you?"

Taking it as an invitation, I crash my lips against his. Oh god. Oh god, oh god, oh god. I can't pull away, I just can't. I feel nothing but a burning sensation shooting through my body, filling every part of me.

"Oh god Mae," Gavi says, finally pulling away.

"What?" I ask, a bit shocked by his response.

"Nothing," he smiles, grabbing the food and drinks.

He opens one of the sodas and hands it over to me, then plates up some of the snacks he brought.

"Well aren't you so prepared," I smile, taking a sip of the soda.

"Couldn't have our second date going sideways, am I right?"

"Ohhh, so you did know this would be a date!"

"Maybe? I wasn't sure you would accept the offer though. Considering the fact that you're a bit crazy and think I'm out to get you," he confesses.

"What? You think I'm crazy," I gasp.

"Yup," he says, a wide grin appearing across his face.

It's pretty much pitch black out, so I can't see much of his face, and his hair is covered by the hood of his hoodie. Although I can't see much, I can tell he's fucking gorgeous.

"Why do you always hide your face?" I ask.

My question seems to startle him a bit.

"What do you mean?" he whispers.

"Well, every time I see you, your face is always hidden. I mean, the one time you're not wearing sunglasses and a hat it's pitch black out. I'm just a bit curious."

I don't want to pressure him into telling me, but it's something that has always caught my attention.

"Uh, I don't know. It's just something that I do I guess," he confesses.

I can tell he's lying, but it's something he clearly doesn't want to talk to me about. Instead of pushing him to tell me more, I say, "oh, no worries."

My question has clearly changed the atmosphere. In an attempt to fix it, I push him back onto his back, and lie down next to him. I snuggle up next to him, trying to get comfortable.

"What are you doing?" he asks, a bit confused.

"I'm cold," I reply, glancing up at him.

In response, he wraps his arms around me and pulls me in.

"Is that better?"

I nod my head, allowing the warmth of his body to consume me. It feels weird to be doing something like this on a second date, but I can't help but let myself be sucked into the moment. God do I love this.

Okay, you got to admit, this chapter is kind of cute. Just going to be honest with you guys, I've had a hard time getting into the writing mood. I'm probably going to switch up my posting schedule and am going to be posting chapters every two days. Next chapter is going to be coming out Thursday! (5/18/23)