Chapter Ten

Mae's Perspective

"Oh my gosh, he texted me! He texted me Rosa!" I exclaim, reading the text that he had sent me.

Once Rosa had got home, we decided we both needed some fresh air, so we walked over to a small cafe that was near our apartment.

"Show me!"

I hand my phone over to her and let her read the text. She gives me a disappointed look.

"Is that all he said?"

I know it wasn't much, but I could just imagine him freaking out over what to say. He didn't really seem like the type of guy who knew how to talk to girls, considering the whole emo situation.

"Ya, but he still texted me. That has to mean something, right?"

"I guess," she says, clearly un-interested in our conversation. I know what she is waiting for me to ask.

"So how was your night?"

Immediately she sits up, ready to give me all of the details.

"It was amazing Mae. Camilio, the guy, was soooo hot. Like, Greek god hot. And his muscles. Oh my god, they were amazing. And the sex was just absolutely perfect. His-"

"Oooookay, I think that's enough," I interrupt, not eager to hear what she says next.

"Was he a good guy? Like personality-wise?" I ask, trying to steer the topic in a different direction.

"Eh, I wouldn't know," she shrugs. "We honestly didn't talk that much."

Of course. Rosa didn't seem like the type of girl who cared too much about personality. Which isn't wrong, but it's what makes our taste in guys so much different. I guess we won't have to ever worry about liking the same guy.

"Want to head back home?" I ask, looking at the clock and realizing we had been here for a while.

She nods, and we start to walk back home, when suddenly, Rosa is hiding behind a pole.

"Uh, what are you doing Rosa?" I ask, completely confused as to why she is hiding.

"He's right there," she whispers, peaking at a group of guys standing just down the street.

"Who's right there?" I question, confused on who she is referring to.

"Camilo!" she yells, her voice getting a little too loud.

A guy standing in the group of guys turns our way. That must be Camilo. That's when he does the unexpected.

"Uh, Rosa? He's kind of starting to walk over here." I turn to look at her, but when I do, I find that she has run back inside the cafe.

That bitch.

Now I'm left standing here, alone, with a random guy who I don't know walking over to me. This is going to be awkward, considering he probably thinks I was the one who yelled his name.

"Hey, it's Mae, right?"

How the hell does he know my name?

"Uh ya, it is? How'd you know my name?"

He grins at me, then lets his eyes wander up and down me. This causes an uncomfortable feeling to run down my spine. Who the hell does this guy think he is?

"Oh, I saw a picture of you on your friend's phone and thought you were cute. So I just asked her your name." He says, taking a step closer.

I try to think of the picture he is referring to, when I remember Rosa's lock screen. I look back at him and notice he's taken another step closer.