Chapter Fifty-Five

Mae's Perspective

Life is perfect. There's no other way to put it. It's perfect. The kind of perfect that just makes you feel complete.

If I'm being honest, there's nothing I would change about my life right now. Of course, there are moments that are challenging, obstacles that must be faced, but that's life. Those obstacles are what make you realize how grateful you should be and how lucky you are.

It's been three years since Gavi asked me to be his girlfriend for a second time. We went on a few dates and instantly realized all the chemistry between us, that spark, was still there. It only took about a month of dating for him to ask me to be his girlfriend. He moved in about two months later.

Milo is six now, and already amazing at football. He has both his father's skill and passion. Just a week ago he tried out for La Masia, Barcelona's youth academy. Both Gavi and I weren't surprised when he was accepted. Now I get to watch both of my boys play for the best club in the world.

I also sorted things out with Rosa. I was able to contact her and get her to agree to meet with me for lunch. We talked things out and she apologized about a million times. Although it took time for me to forgive her, our relationship eventually became how it was in the beginning. It took a lot longer for Gavi to forgive her, considering he was the reason he was kept from Milo. Over time he finally accepted her apology. Milo absolutely adores his auntie Rosa, so I think that's the main reason why Gavi finally forgave her.

Being the CEO of TTS International has definitely been a roller coaster. There's been ups, and there's been downs. Yet all the late nights and 70-hour weeks have paid off. The company is larger than it's ever been, with headquarters all over the world. I made lots of changes to the staff over the years, bringing younger employees who have had new and brighter ideas. I can't help but think every day how lucky I was to get the once in a lifetime opportunity from Antonio.

Like I said before. Life is perfect.

I hear a small giggle come from the kitchen, and check the clock, realizing it's already 23:00 (11:00 pm). Why the heck is Milo still awake?

I walk into the kitchen to find the two of them both devouring bowls of ice cream.

"Excuse me? Why is he still awake?" I ask, turning to Gavi, who's busy shoving ice cream in his mouth.

"Uhhh it was his idea," Gavi explains, pointing to Milo.

"Hey! You can't blame me. I'm the kid," Milo exclaims, trying to act innocent.

"I told you to go to bed when we got back from dinner. You're not even in your pajamas yet,'' I sigh, realizing that all of us are still in our dinner clothes.

We had all gone out the night to a fancy restaurant to celebrate Gavi and i's three-year anniversary. I wore a beautiful white dress that had many layers and the straps tied into little bows at the top. It made me feel so elegant and beautiful. Milo looked adorable in his tuxedo, while Gavi looked hot. Like really hot. He still looked hot in it, even with his face covered in ice cream.