4. Anarchy

Chaotic classroom above

And an Eeyore video

Poor Eeyore...

So haven't updated in a while. Sorry. Just been busy staring at a wall.

A very interesting wall.

Anyway, this chapter is supposed to be featured around Katrina and Josie but many other characters are in it. When this dilemma arrives for the header, I'll put AND OTHERS when there's other people the chapter has that are important.

So. I give you...

-

JOSIE, KATRINA, AND OTHERS

-

"Attention all JMS students," a dull voice mumbled over the intercom, sounding as bored as Eeyore in Winnie the Pooh.

Miracles must of been scarce that Thursday morning as no one stopped talking in the eighth grade hallway to pay attention. Either nobody cared or no one could hear the monotoned man over their own conversations. Not that it mattered how, because the man continued talking without them listening.

"What's he saying?" Josie whispered to Katrina, eyeing the intercom.

The two girls were at Katrina's locker. Both of them had gotten Orchestra on their schedules for that day's Mix-It-Up-A-Day. So Josie was waiting for her friend to put her stuff in her locker before they headed that way. Now they were trying to hear the guy giving instructions over the intercom, but with the noise, it was nearly impossible.

"I don't know," Katrina responded, shoving a folder into her bag. "Isn't that Dr. Caine?"

Frowning, Josie nodded, wondering what the principal was trying to say to the student body. Surely it wasn't anything important, right?

Shutting her locker, Katrina lead the way to the orchestra room, Josie right behind. They got there lickety-split since Katrina's locker was right next to their destination.

"Katrina! Josie! The only sane ones!" Cat called, running up to them when they entered the orchestra room.

Looking around, the two girls noticed it was chaos in their classroom. Between Eric, Zach, Sam, and Harry using the poles from the stands as swords and whacking each other, Key yelling at them to stop, Kala and Lely screaming bloody murder every time the poles came towards them, Kai and Jasper having an intense staring contest, Zoe taking an infinite amount of selfies, Eli twerking (surprisingly goodly), Sarah dancing to some rap song that roared from the speakers, and some random dog that was running around, barking at everything everyone did, it was scarily chaotic.

"Cat!" Josie ginned, hugging her black haired friend. "What's going on?"

"Anarchy!" Cat cried, not being a bit overdramatic. "Miss Smith left us while she went to go get copies for something and five minutes later this happened!" She gestured to Harry, who had missed clubbing Sam in the head by an inch, and instead, knocked down a dozen cellos like dominos. "Do something!"

Shouting over the noise, Katrina threw her hands in the air. "What the heck can we do? We're not superheroes!"

The random dog waddled up to them, wagging it's white tail with a shy face.

"Aww... He's cute," Cat cooed, leaning down to pet the puppy,

Then the dog lifted up its leg and proceeded to pee on her ankle.

Cat growled. "I hate it."

Before the other two could concur, a shout sliced through the air from across the room.

"HARRY!" Key screeched. "PICK THOSE CELLOS UP!"

"Or nah," was the boy's only response.

The three girls watched in fear as Kala got knocked down from her perch on the air conditioner, her letting out a loud scream. They sighed in relief when she got back up. Even rolled their eyes when she began complaining to Lely about it being cold in the room, which was kind of stupid since she was on the air conditioner.

"This is madness!" Katrina oh-so-obviously pointed out, ducking when a pencil came flying at her face with wide eyes. "Boys! STOP!"

But it was clear the bedlam was not going to cease, not with the music up so loud it hurt the kid's eardrums to stand inside the room and the boys' crazy personalities on sugar highs.

With that, Zoe took another selfie.

Kai and Jasper were oblivious to their surroundings, both in a kneeled position, on each side of a chair, eyes twitching in fear of blinking. Neither of them wanted to loose the bet they had made, which involved forking over a piece of peppermint gum if loosing.

For Eric and Zach, they were just the opposite. They were preschoolers, running wild and crazy, knocking over objects throughout the room, and shrieking whenever they were struck by the other. But they were giggling all the while, showing they weren't as serious as their staring friends.

"AHHH!" Eli yelped when Eric absent-mindingly swung at Eli's head, missing by a centimeter.

"Sorry!" Eric chuckled, blocking Zach's incoming blow.

What the laughing boy didn't see was Eli's withering glare pointed directly at him. He also didn't know that Eli planned for a little something he liked to call, revenge.

The two of the pole fighters hopped over a fallen chair, colliding into Sam. The three got tangled up in each other on the floor as Harry galloped over.

"NO MERCY!" the dark haired boy screeched, slamming the "sword" down on Zach's head.

"OW!" The blonde cried, scrambling out from, the pile and chasing the head hitter around.

Joseph, the only level headed guy there, paced over to the three girls, shaking his head in disapproval. Like he couldn't believe how idiotic they were.

The girls were about to forge a plan to stop the craziness around them. But the opening for behind them stopped whatever ideas they might of had.

"HEY!" A voice erupted behind the girls and Joseph, authority laced through its call.

Sam stopped mid swing as the music abruptly cut off. Everyone stared guiltily at the person behind the mini group, all scared at what the person would do when they found the wreck inside. They knew they would get in serious trouble for destroying a classroom. Serious trouble since their principal hated children and secretly wished them all dead.

Or at least that was the rumor.

"It's my birthday!" the voice cheered, showing its bright face.

"Katie?" Sarah questioned, confused as to how the girl sounded like an adult just seconds before.

Katie came up behind the mini group, wrapping her arms around Josie and Katrina's shoulders, her bubbly personality glowing through her electric blue eyes. "Who else?"

The whole room seemed to relax, their fears of getting in trouble gone. Though Katie was a good girl, she wouldn't tattle on them.

"Well?" queried Katie. "What do you do when someone has a birthday?"

As if they had planned it all along, everyone began singing 'Happy Birthday', not doing the song much justice as they chanted out of pitch and too loud. The birthday girl didn't seem to mind though, since she was smiling a smile that made the sun look like it had burned out decades ago.

"Thanks guys!" Katie cheered after they finished, looking like she had just won the lottery instead of having a classroom of middle schoolers sing 'Happy Birthday' to her.

She was just about to leave when she turned back around. "You may continue with your pandemonium now." Then, she was back into the mix of kids in the hallway, like she hadn't been there at all.

Everyone shrugged at once, and then continued what they had been doing earlier before being so rudely disrupted.

"Dang," Josie sighed. "If only we had Katie powers."

The other three laughed, and somehow, they knew they'd get through the day, despite the chaos around them.

Boy. They were wrong.