6. A Fish Can't Drown!

Double update! Whoop! Whoop!

Picture of puppy above

So cute!

This chapter is slow at the beginning but by the end it'll be better.

It's supposed to be centered around Katrina but almost everyone is in it so I guess I'll say, here comes...

-

KATRINA AND OTHERS

-

"What is that retched noise?" Zach yelled as he covered his ears. "It sounds like a dying goat and a drowning fish!"

"A drowning fish?" Key deadpanned beside him. "Can a fish even drown?"

"I don't know, but if it did, it'd probably sound like this," Zach responded.

Everyone in the orchestra room was holding their hands to their ears, all lost as to what the ear-splitting noise was. Of course, if they had gone to the assembly, they would have known. But since they hadn't heard Dr. Caine's announcement, they were clueless and oblivious to what the rest of the school was doing.

Miss Smith still hadn't returned from wherever she went, but the boys had stopped sword fighting ten minutes before to clean up the mess they had made due to Lely's demands. When they had finished picking everything up, the blood curtailing noise began, taring our the kids' eardrums.

"A fish can't drown," Jasper smacked his gum he had won from the stare-down, much to Kai's disappointment. "That's stupid."

"Yeah, that's stupid," Kala agreed a bit too quickly, hoping no one would notice.

Ever since last month when Jasper broke up with his girlfriend, he's been hanging out with Kala more. Though Kala liked this a lot, she was having trouble keeping her little crush a secret. She didn't want anyone to know she liked him. Especially him. So she acted cool around him, like he wasn't anything but a friend, even though she's already imagined them dating in college, having kids in their twenties and growing old together. It wasn't weird, or at least that was what Kala thought. All she had to do was hide her feelings for a month longer. It couldn't be that hard. She hoped she'd be able to succeed.

Harry turned round to face him from his chair. "Why are you even in here? You don't even have Orchestra."

"I can do what I want." He popped his collar. "I'm independent."

Kala squealed in the inside, noting how Jasper looked so cute trying to be tough. But the way he walked with a waddle and the way his smile made a room so much brighter made him adorable in Kala's book. Not that anyone but her, Katie, Josie, and Katrina knew.

Harry left the subject alone, wandering off to pester someone else. The usual.

What no one noticed was Jasper's visible relaxation. His new safe feeling he got. Like he was trying to keep a secret and Harry was about to foil it.

Well, Kala noticed, but she shook off any bad feelings. Jasper was a good guy, despite his bad reputation. Kala knew that.

Or she thought she did.

The awful noise ended then, making all the teens sigh in relief. Whatever the noise had been, it wasn't very pleasing to their ears. They were just glad it was over.

Everyone continue doing things casually, like their teacher wasn't missing and half their class never showed up. They didn't know that these things were big problems that would lead to big consequences. They weren't things they found very important.