18. When Your Superhero Is 'Stupider' Than You

Hey! Decided to update for you guys!

I've had writers block this entire week! I hope this isn't as bad as I think it is lol.

I hope to get unblocked this weekend for more updates!

Anyway, I give you...

-

ELI

-

Despite his friends' negative beliefs, Eli thought he could save Miss Smith. In fact, he figured he would have her back in that classroom by lunch, whenever that was. Maybe even sooner.

As you could tell, he was a very confident lad.

The cape he wore whipped in the wind as he dashed to the Teacher's Lounge. His pulse was strong and fast, adrenaline pumping in his veins. He was excited. Very excited. So excited, he was humming the Batman theme song as he ran, a small smirk tugging at his lips.

If there was anything Eli thought he loved more than saving people, it had to be pretty dang great since he really, really, really, really, really, loved saving people. Or so, he did when he thought he was Dr. Fluke, a made up superhero from Five Seconds of Summer. Not even considerably a 'real' superhero, a fake, fake one. That made the situation even sadder.

Sadly.

He just loved the exhilarating feeling of saving someone. The rush of adrenaline he got and the proudness of doing a job right could never top anything else.

Rounding the corner, he nodded as he passed a zookeeper and a zebra, the same two he had smiled at earlier that day.

Instead of Dr. Fluke, his superhero name should have been Mr. Oblivious since he was oblivious to the fact that the zookeeper was holding hostage the same lady Eli was trying to save. Not that it mattered anyway. Miss Smith could wait a little longer while her hero got pointed in the right direction. Ya know, if he ever did.

"I'm here!" Eli shouted when he entered his destination. He flipped his cape off his head, and proudly announced, "I am here for you, Miss Smith! Tell me your problem and I will save you. It. You...?" He frowned. "You know what, just let me figure it out."

Then, he surveyed the room.

Inside, he found a mess. The very big fridge was overturned. On the counters scattered food, papers, and what looked like bird poop. Large decorations of some sort were sprawled across the floor. The couches were sprawled across the room, some of the lights were missing, and everything looked like a family of monkeys came in with a mind set of destruction.

To that, Eli scratched his head. "Hmmm..."

He screeched at the sight of a plate of waffles, hopping away from the vile food. For a moment, he was Eli again, cowering in front of the intensity of the syrupy waffles. His adrenaline was high and all he wanted was his big stuffed teddy bear and a good fanfiction.

Then, he shook his head, his thoughts cleared, taking back the role of Dr. Fluke, the 'superhero'. In his new shell, he wasn't afraid of waffles, even laughing at the dish.

"Aha!" he called. "I'll ask that zookeeper to see if he saw you!"

And yes, he was talking to nobody.

Very, very sad.

The blonde dashed back to the closet in which the zookeeper and his zebra guarded. By then, the zebra had finished its bagels and was now snacking on ham sandwiches.

Eli scrunched his nose. He didn't like ham sandwiches. But who was he to judge such a trustworthy looking zebra?

Stopping in front of the two, Eli asked, "Have you seen anybody named Miss Smith walking around?"

The red headed man, who had been filing his nails, shot his head up like a bullet, fear taking over his eyes.

"What do you know about her?" He demanded, throwing the nail file on the floor.

Eli raised an eyebrow at his suspicious behavior. "Uhhh... that she went to get copies for some zoo trip and she never came back..." He wasn't quite sure how to react to the man's strange actions. He had thought he could handle anything. Then he met this guy, the seemingly candor red head.

"Well she's not here," the zookeeper spoke quickly, pushing Eli away from the closet. "So go back to class."

To ruin his imaginary superhero credit, Eli was actually going to go back to the orchestra room. He legitimately was.

Luckily, he was a smart boy and fit the puzzle pieces together before he could do so.

"Wait a minute!" he snapped, shoving the man's hands off of him. "That rude girl on the phone said Miss Smith was getting copies for the field trip to the zoo!" He gasped. "And you're a zookeeper!"

"Yes, I am," the man sighed, defeated. He didn't understand how a kid wearing tights with underwear on the outside could be smart enough to figure out what he was doing. Then again, there were a lot of weird things at Jeff Middle School. This couldn't have been the weirdest.

Eli began shouting pointing his large index finger at the slightly taller man. "Why don't you want them to go to the zoo?"

"Really?" the man deadpanned. "I'm keeping your teacher hostage in the janitor's closet and that's what you ask?"

The blonde gasped again, his eyes wide. Nothing in his superhero training trained him for this. (Well, mostly because his training was made up in his head.) Nothing prepared him for a fight with a zookeeper and his striped side-kick.

"Shoot. I just told you I was keeping Miss Smith hostage," the man hit the wall. "Dangnabbit!"

"You're keeping her hostage!?"

"That is what I just said."

"In there?" he pointed to the closet a few feet away.

"No duh, Eli!" a muffled voice called from the inside. "Get me out already!"

"Miss Smith?" Eli questioned, walking towards the door. "Is that you?"

From inside, Miss Smith rolled her eyes. "No it's the queen of England."

In mid bow, Eli jumped when she yelled, "YES! IT'S ME! GET ME OUT OF HERE!"

"Okay!" Eli scrambled to a standing position, startled at the situation he had thrown himself in. "I'll use my laser vision."

"Your WHAT?" Miss Smith and the zookeeper howled at once. The zebra would of yelled to, if it could speak English and was not shoving its face full of food.

"My laser vision," Eli confirmed, nodding his head.

The zookeeper bursted out laughing. "You do not have laser vision."

"Do too!" the blonde retorted. "Watch!"

And then...

(Lol weird ending, I know. I had to cut it off there though)