57. To Find Closure

I realize now that I changed Bettie's  name to Bailey in both this chapter and 'On Nothing' but I'm too lazy to fix it, lol.

Anyway, this chapter is kind of weird but i like it so idk, please like it?

Here we go with...

-

BAILEY, MISS SMITH, JAMES, JETT, ADELE, AND ELI
(THE SUPERLY PUNNY CREW)

-

Eli's eyes widened. "I'm not going in there."

"Why not?" Adele whined, stomping her foot a bit. "It's a family restaurant."

James laughed. "Family restaurant..." When everyone gave him a weird look, he explained, " 'Cause House is in the name and if it's a family place, then it's totally a house."

Rolling his eyes, Jett smacked James before dragging him inside, muttering something about getting a table.

"Why can't you go in?" asked Bailey. "Do I need to hold your wittle hand?" She cooed.

"No!" Eli yelled. "I-I just don't want to go in, t-that's all."

"Well we're not leaving you in the car, I don't have insurance in this country." Adele faded off.

" Plus I'm starving!" said Miss Smith. "So you have to come it."

"But..." Eli scratched his neck. "It's... it's not safe."

Adele laughed. "It's safer than that school was!"

"Well, yeah, but..."

"But what?"

Eli pursed his lips.

"That's what I thought," Adele said, looping her arm into Eli's and tugging him to the door. He looked like a dog being dragged by its leash, but nonetheless, Adele got him inside.

A short waitress walked up to them with a dark-red lipsticked, way-too-big-to-be-real, smile. "Welcome to Waffle House!" She said unbelievably enthusiastic. "Are you with those sweet, little boys?!" She asked.

"Yes, we are," Bailey said, then turned to Miss Smith to whisper, "Watch her closey. So seems too interested in children to not be a kidnapper." Miss Smith nodded and they followed the lady to their table.

The waitress let them sit down, not even blinking an eye when Adele had to force Eli into his chair, and brought out a notepad. "I'm Saddie and I'll be your server today!" She clicked her pen. "Can I start you off with any drinks?!"

They went around the table, ordering whatever drinks they wanted, and then it was Eli's turn.

"Pass," he said.

Saddie the Waitress giggled. "You can't pass!"

Eli gave her a weird look. "Yes, I can."

"No silly! You've got to drink something!"

"Says the girl who speaks in exclamation points," Eli muttered, then said to her, "I'll have water."

"Perfect!" She squealed. "I'll get that right out for y'all!"

When she was far enough away, Jett said, "She's perky."

"No kidding," Adele said, putting her head in her hands. "She's going to drive me-"

"Nuts!" Someone shouted from behind Adele, making her jump. The person set a bowl of nuts down on the table, then sat in the extra chair and began eating the nuts.