40. Sam Winchester Isn't Real

The group sat there stunned. Not only had Kai betrayed them but Miss Smith and Zoe had too. None of them could have guessed any of these things woukd happen, the bad men, the deaths, the backstabbing betrayals, when they woke up this morning. None of them knew any of this was possible.

Bettie thoughts were always 'it will never happen to me'. When she was watching scary movies she thought like this. When she read cheesy romantic books she thought like this. When she watched schools in other countries get taken over by bad men on the news she thought like this. Never did she believe any of this would collide with her reality. Never did she believe she would be gagged to a chair that Thursday. Never in a million years.

Bettie sat there in her chair drowning in utter boredom. The girl liked doing things and being active and free. Her mouth was gagged, stopping her from cursing out the bad men and all of her limbs were tied. Her attention span was running thin and she needed something to occupy her little brain

So, she looked for a way to escape.

At first, she planned on using ray guns and safety scissors to get her out. Light sabers and hairspray. Anything that came to mind was something she could use to get out. If a spork could free Jina then anything could save them.

But of course, she needed to think of something realistic.

Then, Bettie caught sight of the most magnificent tool hanging in the corner of the room.

The fire extinguisher.

Not only was the tool good for whacking people with but they could also spray people with the snow-like within to get them out. All they would have to do was untie the ropes (somehow) run thirty-eight-and-a-half-yards and they were home-free.

Smart plan, right?

Bettie thought so.

There were only two flaws.

One: Getting out of the ropes. But she'd figure that (extremely important part) out later.

Two: How would she tell the others her brilliant idea? She was gagged. But surely it wouldn't be impossible.

"Does anyone have any ideas on how to get out of here?" Katrina whispered to the group so that Kai, who was still sitting a few feet away with his head in his hands, could not hear her. "Cause I'm drawing a blank."

Josie shook her head. "I have nothing."

"Same," Ali added.

Isabel frowned. "No."

Tannin coughed before drifting off into a deep sleep.

The rest chorused in with 'no's' leaving Katrina to sigh.

Then, Bettie spoke.

"Mm, mmmm."

"What?" Isabel furrowed her eyebrows.

"Mm, mmmm," she repeated.

"What is she saying?" asked Kala.

Ali shrugged. "I have no idea."

Who knew it was so hard to say fire extinguisher while gagged?

"Mm, mmmm!"

Despite the fact that the boy had just found out his best friend was evil, Eric laughed. "Zach, I think she's saying your sister's dairy-air."

"Why would she say that?" Katrina frowned.

"She wouldn't," Eric crowed. "But-"

"Don't say it," Zach warned with a deadly tone.