23. Dwindle

Hey! Hey! Hey!

Hi!

So here's another chapter, even though only one person answered the questions in Curious. I would like you guys to answer those questions ASAP because their answers are coming soon.

Anyway, here we go with...

-

THE ORCHESTRA

-

"I have to go to the bathroom!" Sarah cried. "Would someone please go with me!"

Confused, the older kids all looked to Sarah, who was doing the potty dance. It was obvious to anyone with eyes that she had to go.

"Why do you need someone to go with you?" Harry snickered. "You sacred of the big, bad toilet?"

"No." She snapped. "I just... I just don't want to go alone. T-that's all."

"I'll go!" Key and Lely shouted at the same time, getting up.

Lely looked to the group. "Anyone else have to go?"

Quietly, Sam and Joseph also rose, making their way to the mini-group at the door.

"Okay, " Key smiled to their group. "Let's-"

"GO!" Sarah shouted, pulling Key's arm out the door quicker than you could say, there she goes!

That left Zach and Eric, who were both staring at Zoe as she went on Twitter, Kala who was giggling with Jasper, Kai and Cat who had started a game of Twister, and Harry, who was making faces at a pigeon outside. Though none of them knew it, their numbers were slowly dwindling down further and further. And those numbers wouldn't stop going down until they were all dead.

But whatever, right?

Breaking his silly face into a frown, Harry saw a large truck pulled up to the outside door of the girl's locker room. He kept his puzzled look when a bunch of burly men in red shirts came out of the truck. Then, a man in a suit came out of the locker room, meeting the men from the truck with open arms. What are they doing here? Why are they going into the girl's locker room? Who are they?

He got closer to the window, needing to see the men better. The man in the suit, he thought, looks a lot like...

The suited man's head snapped in Harry's direction, a dead glare set in his orbs.

Gasping, Harry fell from his perch on the teacher's desk, colliding with twisted Cat. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. That guy looks like (this part of the story has been removed. Thanks Harry for nearly spoiling the plot twist. Cootos to you) and he's right over there!

"Ow!" Cat yelped. "Harry!" She pushed him off of her, yelling mean words.

But Harry was freaked out, not caring what insults would be thrown at him. He saw me. He saw me, he saw me, and now he's going to come get me! Or maybe the guy he looks like in here will.

He then grabbed Cat's arm and dashed out of the orchestra room with the black haired beauty trailing behind him screaming more intolerant things. 

Kai, who had witnessed the whole thing, frowned, upset that his playing partner had been taken from him. Now he was alone.

But in the end, he knew he would be.

Getting up, he brushed himself off, about to walk over to Zach and Eric. But the two boys were glaring daggers at each other, ready to explode. One said something to the other, and they both left the room, their fists clenched.

Then there were four, Kai thought.

But a second later, Jasper and Kala left the room giggling.

Yuck. I don't even want to know where they're going. Ew.

And the numbers fell further...

It was just Kai and Zoe left. An awkward two.

Kai thought he'd actually have to talk with the girl. The girl he'd never had a conversation with in his whole life. And he was going to talk to her, until a sad superhero stumbled in.

"Ugh," went the super, sitting down in the nearest chair, nearly falling out of it. "This has been the worst day ever."

Happy to not have to talk to Zoe, Kai walked over to Eli. Sitting next to him, he asked, "What happened?"

"A zebra farted on me!" Eli cried. "How humiliating!"

With an eyebrow raised, Kai awkwardly patted the shorter guy's back. "Uh-huh..."

I'm not even gonna ask.

"And even worse, my powers stopped working!" Eli buried his head in his hands, very sad about his situation.

Kai, who had no idea how to handle a situation like this, thought for a moment. He didn't know if it would be better to tell this boy the truth or to comfort him in his loss. How do you even comfort a guy who thinks he just lost his nonexistent superpowers? In the end, Kai chose the latter, still patting the boy's back.

"You might get them back," Kai softly said, wondering if that was the right thing to say. He knew Eli had no superpowers. He knew he was lying.

But Eli didn't know that.

"Maybe," Eli sobbed. "But they probably won't be the same."

"They might. I mean, how do you even know that you lost them all along?"

Eli sniffled. "I was trying to get Miss Smith out of the closet but-"

"Miss Smith is in a closet?" Kai removed his hand from Eli, his whole attitude changing.

Oh this isn't good...

"Yeah," Eli wiped a tear from his eye. "But this mean zookeeper and those two boys were in the way-"

Kai cut him off. "Zookeeper? Two boys?"

Oh this is not good.

"Yeah, I wouldn't talk to them though. Those brats."

Looking up from her phone, Zoe questioned. "Kai, you okay dude. You look like you're going to be sick."

"Fine," he snapped, beginning to pace. He had so much to worry about. Too much to worry about.

If only I had more time to save-

The tall boy said, "I'm going to go find everyone that just left. Probably Zach and Eric first, so that they don't kill each other." He put his hand on the door knob, turning back around with a quick breath. "Don't... don't go anywhere, kay?" He then bolted out of the room, leaving Zoe to her confused thoughts and Eli to his un-heroic ones.

"Is he always like this?" Eli asked Zoe after a moments pause.

She shrugged. "Dunno."

The two were left there, alone.

Until the door opened.