22. We Cracked The Case... Now What?

Double update! Yay!

I'm just going to warn you now, all the chapters from here on out are going to be longer than the ones before. I don't know if that's good but more content, wha-hoo!

And here, I give you...

-

KATRINA AND JOSIE

-

Katrina and Josie were running down the hallway.

The blood message in Katrina's locker had scared to two past the point of wetting their pants. They were practically pooping themselves as they ran. Which, was not a pretty thought. At all.

After a quick discussion, the two decided it would be better if they didn't tell the orchestra they were going to the school library to look for answers as to who the killer was. They couldn't trust any of them. Not in a situation like this.

They were going to the library because, well, what other cliché place was there for the to look for clues?

Coming up to the giant, wooden doors, Katrina gave Josie a reassuring look. Nodding back, Josie opened one door as Katrina pushed the other. Quickly shutting the tall barriers behind them, they sprinted deeper into the library.

After a ten minute search on computers, look at books, and a quick game of go-fish, the two girls had found absolutely nothing to help them on solving the mystery. The mystery of who wanted them dead.

"This is hopeless," Josie sighed from her place lying across the librarian's desk.

"It's not hopeless," Katrina snapped. "It's slow."

"It's stupid," Josie groaned, getting off the desk. "It's not like we're going to just stumble upon a clue or any-"

Just then, Josie stumbled over a stack of books, face-planting onto the floor.

Tittering, Katrina shook her head at her clumsy friend.

Josie was about to get up and yell at the laughing meanie, when something caught her eye under the librarian's desk.

As curious as the little monkey on TV, Josie reached under the desk and pulled out the object of interest.

"What's that?" Katrina asked, leaning down to check out the object as well.

"It's... a briefcase."

And it was. A light tan, leather, briefcase. A latch held it shut, containing whatever papers and items that laid within.

The blonde had stumbled upon a clue. Literally.

Katrina squinted. "What does that say?" She pointed to scribbles on the bottom right corner.

"It says..." Josie leaned in, trying to decipher the black lines. "N... A... C."

"NAC..." Katrina echoed. "What does that stand for?"

Josie shrugged.

"Well, let's look inside it."

The two laid down, taking papers out of the briefcase and sprawling them all over the floor. They began to look through the papers.

"What is this?" Josie asked after reading a couple. "I don't understand."

"Me neither," Katrina showed Josie one document. "But look at this."