30. And Another One- No Another Five Bite The Dust

Ummm... What to say about this chapter?

Uh, sorry?

Yeah.

I'm sorry for the loss.

Because man, there's a lot of...

A lot of...

Here. I'll just say...

SPOILER ALERT: THEY DIDN'T MAKE IT

And you'll enjoy this with...

-

KATRINA AND JOSIE

-

"Dr. Caine?" Josie frowned. "Why are you on top of us?"

Scrambling to his feet, the principal fixed his suit, muttering under his breath. Frazzled from the collision, he didn't think about apprehend in the not-hypnotized girls. He was mostly trying his hardest not to meet the eyes of the girls who had brought their school's IQ up by thirty percent by organizing the Academic Club. He didn't know if he could when he knew they'd be dead in less than three hours

Katrina and Josie shared a look. They had basically just framed Dr. Caine for being the bad guy who wanted to kill everyone at Jeff. They didn't know if they could trust a word he said, if he said anything, that was. Both girls knew Dr. Caine was a man of little words.

"Uh," He scratched the back of his neck, showing his uncomfortableness. "I'm just, uh... yeah."

"Uh-huh," Katrina said, telling Josie with her eyes that they needed to leave right then.

But Josie either didn't get the hint or ignored her.

"So what are you doing?" Josie asked. She and Katrina had gotten up from the floor a while ago, neither enjoyed their topple. Josie seemed fine though, like she hadn't been crushed by her (not do skinny) principal.

He shrugged. "Oh, you know."

Yeah, we know, thought Katrina. We know you're hiding some serious secrets.

They stood there for another few awkward seconds when figures appeared from around the corner.

"Kala?" Katrina frowned. "Zoe?" Who are the people behind them?

As they got closer, Katrina realized there weren't people behind her friends but burly men holding her friends. Tightly.

"Hey, Katrina," Kala sighed from in the grasp of a bored looking, red shirted man. She looked tired and upset, two things that Kala rarely was.

"Who are your friends?" Josie asked, oblivious to the obvious fact that these men were not friendly.

Before Zoe could let out a sarcastic response, Dr. Caine cut in.

"I'm just going to say it." He said, his eyes still directed away from the group. "You're not going to make it out of this school, girls."

Katrina narrowed her eyes. "What do you mean?" Her gut was clenched into a tight knot. Though she asked the question, she knew what he meant. She knew he was going to kill them.

He sighed, scratching the back of this neck. "Why don't you girls join us downstairs?"

The two men holding onto Zoe and Kala grabbed Katrina and Josie with their free hands, pushing them towards the girl's locker room. The two girls shouted in protest but silenced when seeing the deadly glare on Dr. Caine's face.

They turned the corner.

The four girls gasped.

There, lying in puddles of blood, were their friends. Sarah, Joseph, Lely, Sam, and Key were scattered on the stairs leading down to the locker room. Dead. There were evident bullet holes in their heads, each hole gushing out more blood than the last. They all were lying at awkward positions on the floor, mangled together. Key and Sam's eyes were still open while Lely, Sarah, and Joseph's were never to be open again.

They didn't make it.

None of the girls could believe what they were seeing. How could they believe Lely, the sarcastic yet likable girl was gone from the world? How could they go on without the random splurges coming from Sam every now and then? Who could replace the smiling face of Sarah or the joy that came with Key? And how could anyone be as quiet and as sensible as Joseph was? They couldn't believe what they were seeing because it was too much. It was too much for them to understand that their five good friends were dead.

Kala frowned. She had known there were gunshots going off by this part of the school but she never really expected anything like this. She never really thought about who could be killed and if that would effect her. Because it did. It did effect her. Lely was one of her closest friends, a comic relief of some sort. Now she was dead and Kala was upset. She had already lost Jasper, and with Lely on top of that, she wasn't sure how long she'd keep her cool. If she had any left, that is.

"Don't look too long," Dr. Caine sighed, stepping over the dead bodies like they were inconvinces and not dead bodies. "You don't want to fantasize about how you'll look dead."

But they already had.