11. Friends Know Best

Cute infinity sign above!

Another chapter!

Yay!

Anyway, I give you...

-

JOSIE AND KATRINA

-

"Ow! Kathy!" Josie tore her arm from her friend's strong grip, rubbing the red spot that had been created. A frown sagged down her face. Whatever Katrina needed from her so badly that she had to bruise her arm dragging her out of the orchestra room, Josie knew was not good. Why else would Katrina be visibly sweating?

"Sorry," the other girl murmured her apology before rubbing her hands up and down her pant legs. Something that was a nervous habit for her.

Noticing this, Josie questioned, "What's wrong?" Concern washed over her eyes, taking over any anger she had obtained while being dragged.

Sighing, Katrina finally met her friend's gaze, scared to tell her the truth. Could she trust her? Yeah. But how would she react? Would the blonde demand for evidence? Laugh it off? Only heck knew what would happen if Josie wanted to go search for the bad guy.

These questions had filled Katrina's mind for the past few minutes, though, she thought she would risk it. She was always up for a bit of gambling, per say. But now that she had to explain everything, she wasn't so sure. Would Josie even believe her? It probably wasn't a good idea.

"Kathy," Josie put a hand on her friend's shoulder for support. "What's wrong?" She repeated, very worried now. She knew something big was up.

Letting go of her fears, Katrina cried, "We're going to die."

And now for Part Two, Don't Let The Cute Guy Distract You From Your Friends

With...

For the first time ever...

-

KALA

-

Kala watched as Katrina and Josie left the room, confused as to where they were going. Surely they wouldn't skip class, they weren't bad girls. They were intelligent, good girls.

So where are they going? And what is wrong with Katrina? Ever since she got off the phone a few minutes ago, she's been acting strange. Strange like she found out that we were all about to die or something crazy like that.

The strawberry blonde squinted at the door, wondering what was up. She was curious and her friend alarms were going off. She knew something bad had to be going on. Something strange and scary. Something that she should be helping them with.

The teen was going to follow her friends, she really was, but then Jasper put his large, hot hand on her thigh and the world shrank in an instant. Her friend thoughts, vanished.

She peered up at the muscly boy. Up his legs and fit torso. His bulky arms and nice neck. His chin, his plump lips, where she lingered for longer than necessary. Up his nose and to his eyes, not moving to see his curly hair. She stayed, drowning in his beautiful, brown eyes.

And in that moment, it was just her, him, his steaming touch and his dark, brown eyes. Her breath caught in her throat. Her leg was on fire from his touch and her eyes were blinded by his beauty. There was no other sensation but pure love, on her behalf.

You could call it infinite, the way Kala and Jasper locked eyes with such care. Such passion. Such lust and love. The way neither of them spoke for what Kala felt was eternity. And eternity was an infinity of its own.

His lips parted. The same lips that spoke to Kala with his husky voice. The same lips that he ate chips with everyday at lunch. The same lips Kala had been desiring to kiss for the past eight and a half months. The same lips that seemed so close but so far away.

At first, Kala thought it was going to happen. That he would kiss her. That she would finally feel those two, soft lips on her own. And she was ready for it. She had been for awhile now.

Instead, reality stepped in.

"I'm going to the bathroom," he said, patting his hand on her thigh awkwardly. "Don't miss me too much." He gave her a flirty wink, turning and walking away.

To hide her disappointment, Kala rolled her eyes. "Miss you? Ha! Funny."

He gave her a 'you so mean' look over his shoulder, which she accepted with crossing her arms and turning to Lely.

But he didn't know that instead of listening to her friend babble about shampoo, Kala was sneakily watching Jasper waddle out of the classroom with a fond expression.

Katrina, Katie, and Josie all thought Kala's crush was strange. They all knew Jasper hung out with the wrong crowd, got bad grades, and was planning on getting a tattoo soon. They thought Jasper was one of the bad kids, the ones your parents warned you to stay away from. The kind of guy that no one could possibly like.

But Kala knew better. She knew that under that tough guy image, Jasper was as sweet and kind and smart as Kai was. She knew that he could be as loved as the popular Kai, that Jasper could knock down the shell his 'friends' had made and rise to be the man he was supposed to be. The perfect, waddling guy Kala knew he was. And she was willing to help him do such changes, because she loved him more than he could ever believe.

He threw open the door, sashaying his way out cheekily, something that made Kala's smile grow even bigger.

If only he knew.