48. Mr. Ford Will Die

Hey! Another update!

I have nothing else to say so...

HERE WE GO!

-

DELILAH

-

~Flashback~

Jasper decided it was time to leave. He knew things would get hectic here on out.

He gave her a 'sorry, not sorry' look before he dashed out of the room.

Kala watched him turn right towards the exit sign.

Jasper didn't look back.

Suddenly, it dawned on Kala that she could have been wrong, that Jasper could really be a bad guy. That he had been messing with her in the orchestra room, telling her that she's pretty when really, he was just bored. Katie, Josie, and Katrina had been telling her this for weeks, that Jasper wasn't anything but trouble. Kala never believed them until now, when Jasper ran away from the screams and saved himself, not really caring for Kala at all. Not really caring for anyone besides himself.

Kala frowned, choking back tears. She really liked Jasper.

Or at least she really liked the guy she thought he was.

But she could see his real colors as he ran away from the screams, away from trouble, away from his classmates, away from her. He wasn't nothing but a self-absorbed douchebag. A self-absorbed douchebag who had Kala wrapped around his finger.

~Present~

Delilah munched on her toast quietly, her hand shaking. Katie had told her to wait at the top of the stairs for her to warn her friends about the monster, Kai. Then she'd come back with her friends and they'd all leave. The little girl didn't know who this Kai guy was but he didn't sound like a nice guy. No guy described as a monster could be a nice guy.

She twirled the end of her pigtail on her open hand, taking another small bite of toast, watching as hundreds of crumbs fall to the floor. The eight year old was worried. Worried because Katie wasn't back yet. How long did it take to run down to the orchestra room and warn her friends that one of them wasn't who they said they were? Reletively long apparently.

She finished her toast and wiped her hands on her hood.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

She was very bored.

She counted the ceiling tiles.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

She was very very bored.

She hummed Hello by Adele.

Twice.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

She was very very very-

Step step step step.

Someone was coming up the stairs.

"Katie!" Delilah cheered, getting up from the floor and dashing towards the stairs.