67. They Ain't Gonna Make It (Part Two)

I know I said this was he last chapter but it isn't. The next cheater probably will be.

Lol sorry.

-

And don't let the title fool you.

Well maybe you should.

Because, spoiler alert: they ain't gonna make it.

-

Last time: Mr. Ford smirked, rubbing his foot around in the puddle of blood contently. "There's a certain beauty to death." He seemed to believe every word he said to his core. "An art, perhaps. And in all my years, I've never been to replicate this masterpiece that is death because there's nothing as refreshing as sinking a bullet into someone's brains." He tilted his head. "It's the Picasso of all the deaths," He raised his arm, smiling sweetly. "And you guys are my empty canvases."

Present:

Katrina down the barrel of the gun and gulped. There was no where to run, no one to save them, nothing between them and this psychotic man. This was it. They would die.

Mr. Ford kept his arms level. "Are you ready to  become my art?"

"Not really," Katrina shrugged, keeping her voice low. She didn't know why she volunteered to die first. Maybe it was because she didn't want to see any of her other friends die. Maybe it was because she liked to think of herself as brave. Or maybe it was because she was ready to give up. She'd been fighting for so long and was so tired. She needed this. She needed peace.

At least, she thought she did.

Mr. Ford chuckled. "This won't hurt a bit."

Katrina frowned but refrained from mentioning that it would hurt. Getting shot would obviously hurt. Instead, she squeezed her eyes shut and sighed. This was really it.

And.

She waited.

She waited for the loud pop and the agonizing pain and the nothing that came after that.  She waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

But nothing happened.

Slowly, she peeked out from behind her eyelids.

And then rolled her eyes.

Josie, Eve, and some tall man were being escorted back toward her by Mr. Ford.

"Where'd you guys come from?" Zach asked.

Eve gestured back to where the truck had been. "In there."

Mr. Ford forced the three to sit down next to Adele and the (still kissing) couple.

"Who're you?" Kala asked the dark haired man.

Josie's eyes widened. "THAT'S SAM WINCHESTER! MY HUBBIE-WUBBIE!"

Kala looked to the man for clarification but he just shrugged. "Might as well make her happy since she's 'bout to kick the bucket."