31. And She's Outta There!

Hey!

Hi!

Hello!

It's late. I need to sleep. 😴

But I'm updating anyway because why not?

Anyhow, here we go with...

-

MISS SMITH

-

Miss Smith was sick of being tied up inside the janitors closet. She was cold, it smelled bad, and she was pretty sure there were mice scurrying past her feet. She had tried just about everything to get out. Chewing on the ropes, hopping up and down, even resorting to crying and praying to God for some help.

Then, Eli had showed up.

Worse. Hero. Ever.

Now she was moaning for the zookeeper to let her go. Little did she know that the redheaded man had left her three minutes before to find two young boys who went by the names James and Jett.

"Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeee!" She drug out the word, hoping annoying the crap out of the man would work. "IIIIIIII dooooooon't waaaaaant tooooooooo beeeeeeeeee heeeeerrreeee!"

She huffed when she got no response.

"The least you could do is tell me no."

The zebra outside farted.

She groaned. "Worse. Day. Ever."

Closing her eyes, the teacher took in a big breath. Even after an hour or so of sitting alone in that dark closet, she still couldn't believe that it was happening. She couldn't believe someone had come into a middle school and locked the orchestra teacher in the janitor's closet. And the fact that that someone was a zookeeper was even stranger. So strange, not even the sensible RedHead100 would ever believe this. Heck, not even her rambunctious Orchestra class would believe this.

Except Eli, of course.

"I have to go pee," she lied, hoping it would get her out. "Like, really bad."

She got no response.

Scowling at the awful service she had, the teacher scanned the closet once again. Though nearly pitch black, she could make out a few things in the space, something that after ten minutes in the closet, she could do.

Broom.

Shelf.

Door.

Bucket.

Duster.

Ladies underwear.

Scissors.

Tape.

Crowbar.

Wait, ladies underwater! Yuck! That's so-
SCISSORS! I can use the scissors to get out! Why didn't I see those before?

A new hope in the young teacher's head, she scooted her chair so that her back was to the shelf which the scissors were sitting on. In that position, she used her hands tied around her back to feel for the scissors.

"Ow!" She yelped when her fingers scraped the sharp side of the scissors.

Gritting her teeth, she maneuvered her hands around to grab the handle of the utensil, which was proven to be very difficult with the ropes and the inability to use her sight.

Finally, she grabbed hold and began cutting.

Snip. Snip. Snip.

Snap!

Yes! I did it! I'm going to be free!

She cut the remaining ropes, excited to be released. When that was done, the teacher hopped out of the chair with a grin and started doing a victory dance. Nothing could drag her down! (A.N. 1D reference, lol)

Except for when she stopped dancing a few minutes later and realized the door was still locked. Miss Smith then spent the next few minutes kicking the door, ramming into the door, cursing at the door, and having no luck with escaping. She was about to loose the hope she had just gained.

She leaned against the shelf, her elbow knocking unto something hard.

The crowbar! How convenient!

Smiling once again, The orchestra teacher hauled the tool off the shelf and whacked the door with it.

BAM!

And the door opened.

Miss Smith was astatic! She was proud of herself for getting out of the closet, relieved she was finally out, and joyful that the ugly zookeeper was nowhere in sight. It was a miracle!

She was just about to make her way back to the orchestra room when something clicked behind her. She turned just in time to find the zebra running.

Running straight for her.