65. A Freaking Flower

Heyo guys! 'Nother chapter for y'all!

 So I think they'll be three to four more chapters, depending on how much information I want to put in a chapter.

 But can you believe we're so near to the end? It feels like I just started this book.

 Lmfao it really doesn't, I've been writing this story for what seems like yeeeeeeeeears. But, anyway, prepare yourself for the end, because it's coming. Soon.

Here we go with

-

UM..... YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO FIND OUT YOURSELVES #SORRYNOTSORRY

-

-

-

-

-

Eli was right about the three being dead. Their hearts had stopped. They were dead.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Except, Zach wasn't.

-

-

-

-

 Zach wasn't dead.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

The blonde opened his eyes and groaned. His neck hurt. His stomach hurt. His feet hurt. His freaking left ear hurt. Everything hurt.

He sat up, scratching his head. Why was he lying on stairs? He remembered he had just walked into the orchestra room...

He felt something liquidy under his body.

"What the-" his eyes grew ten sizes.

Blood. He was sitting in a pool of blood.

He clambered back, a rose falling off his chest and onto... onto Katrina.

Suddenly, he felt sick.

He had shot Katrina.

He had caused this puddle of blood.

He had killed her.

"Katrina?" He whispered softly, tears already forming in his eyes. "I'm sorry."

Like a light switch, a glow as florescent as the sun snapped on, illuminating Katrina's body. It ran from her toes to her head, creating a little force field around her. Zach watched as the glow sucked half of the blood from the ground and put in into the gun wound on Katrina's stomach. Then, the wound closed itself and the glow faded away.

 Zach didn't have time to question what had happened when Katrina's eyes opened.

 "Ow," she said. "My stomach hurts." She sat up, peering around, her eyes stopping on Zach. "What's with that face?"

 Zach instantly closed his mouth, but couldn't figure out how to formulate words.

 Katrina glanced down at her lap, picking up the rose. "What's this from?" She twirled the flower around in her hands curiously, watching as the wilted petals detached themselves from the stem and floated away in the breeze.

 Zach snatched the rose away from her, putting it close to his face.

 "Rude," Katrina said, crossing her arms. "You could have asked-" she coughed sight of Harry. "Oh my gosh, is he-"

 "Dead?" Zach muttered, then nodded. "He is." He placed the rose on the dark haired boy's chest. "But not for long."

 Katrina was about to point out that once someone died, they couldn't back to life, but lost track of her thoughts when Harry began glowing.

 Like with what happened with Katrina, Harry's body glowed intensely, sucked in the lost blood, and went back to not glowing. And like with what happened to Katrina, Harry's eyes sprung open and he pushed himself up fast.

 "Whoa," was all he said.

 Katrina's mouth was agape as Zach reached for the rose.

 But it was gone.

 "Where did it go?" Zach asked. "Do you think it disappeared? Like it ran out of magic and vanished?"

 "There's no such thing as magic," Katrina fell out of her trance and back into her skeptical, realistic ways. "I'm sure it got carried away by the wind or something."

 "What was carried away by the wind?" Harry questioned, looking confused. He didn't know he had died and been brought back to life by a freaking flower.

 Zach ignored him. "Of course it was magical! I don't see scientists reviving grandma's or somehow making dead people come back to life!"

 "We're not in the zombie apocalypse, are we?" Harry said nervously.

 Katrina shushed him. "But there's no way a flower can bring people back to life. That's not possible."

 "You literally just saw it happen, it's possible."

 "Yeah," Katrina said. "When pigs fly."

 Just then, a pig flew over their heads.

 Zach looked between the sky and Katrina. "Believe me now?"

 Katrina made many frustrated sounds before saying, "But how the heck is this possible? Any freaking bit of it? How?" 

 "Magic," Zach said, his eyes gleaming with naïve jubilee.

 Katrina was about to refute when Harry asked, "Do you guys hear that?"

 "Hear what?" Katrina snarled.

 "That," Harry said.

 Ready to give up on the two idiot boys, Katrina got up to leave when Harry pulled her back down and put a finger over his lips. She pouted as Zach and Harry perked their ears up to listen.

 Then, they heard it.

 Screaming.

 Screaming coming from the field...

 Zach's eyes widened.

 "ERIC!"