Chapter 2 - Car ride

"Shit, I'm gonna be late for school!" I yelled quietly. I was drifted off into my thoughts, wondering what life would ever turn into. "Y/n! You're gonna be late for school!" My mom yelled.

I stumbled trying to get my clothes on. I put on a collard white blouse, a brown plaid skirt, and some white flats. I looked in the mirror as I passed by it, I looked like some sort of stuck up boarding school girl. I sighed as I exited my room.

"Y/n hurry up!" My sister yelled. "I'm coming, I'm coming geez!" I stumbled down the stairs while practically sprinting to the front door. "Damn y/n, you look like a mess." I scowled at my sisters remark. "Says you." I nudged Matilda's (that's your sisters name btw) shoulder "Oh shut up!" She playfully giggled. "Alright, I didn't just come here to stand. Let's go already." I joked.

I hopped into the passenger seat of the car as Matilda followed into the drivers seat. "Can we put the roof up Matilda?" I asked. She scoffed "Your hair is already a mess. You can deal with a little wind, don't be such a baby. It's a nice day." I rolled my eyes at her as we drove off.

She was always like this, so playful and cocky all the time. She sure was a prick, but boy did I love her for it.

Matilda was my sister, but she was also my best friend. She always supported me in everything I did. She never tried to make me perfect or change anything about me. She sure as hell was the best sister I could ask for.

She's about three full years older than me. She has beautiful blue eyes, just like my dad, and long brown wavy hair that would shine in the sun light. She sure caught every boys eye.

Sometimes I wish I were like her, beautiful and delicate. I always thought of myself as weird looking. Anytime I would tell her that though she'd tell me otherwise. She was always so kind. As much as she thought I was beautiful though, I would always still think of myself as weird lookin'.

"You ok?" She asked. I snapped out of my thoughts. "Hmm? Oh, y-yeah I'm fine." She questioned me, "You sure? You seem out of it today." "I'm just caught up in my thoughts is all." I said. "What thoughts?" She asked, raising her eyebrows at me. "Just daydreaming I guess." I lied to her. "Is it about a boy?" She smirked. I started to turn red as a tomato. I never really liked boys, let alone thought about them. "Shut up! And no I wasn't thinking about some boy." I rolled my eyes. "Sure" She said sarcastically, smirking. "Just shut up ok, I have never and will never think about a boy." I crossed my arms.

She cackled, "That's exactly what I said at your age. Remember you're sixteen..." I cut her off, "Almost seventeen!" I made clear. She giggled, "Right. Anyways, you're almost seventeen, you gotta start thinking about your future. Ya know, boys." I rolled my eyes. "God, you sound like someone's mom or something." She giggled at my remark. "All I'm saying is that you should probably have a boyfriend. And before you say, no one likes me, blah blah blah, you're beautiful. And your personality is amazing. Some one will like you, I'm sure of it." I smiled at her as she said those words.

Beautiful. Yeah I wish. I wish I caught every boys eye. I wish I had an amazing personality that everyone loved. I wish I had all of that, and maybe I did but I sure never thought it.

"Hey, it's true y/n. And if no boys can see that, well they don't deserve you." Her words were comforting, and it's almost like she read my mind. "And hey, you'll always have me." She nudged my shoulder. I smiled as I heard that. I never wanted to loose her, she was my sister and the only one I viewed as real family. Family that truly loved me, truly cared about me.

"Just don't get too cocky." She pointed out. "Don't worry, I'm not like you." I joked. "You're real annoying sometimes, ya know that y/n." Matilda said, smiling. "Yeah, yeah I know."

"Alright. Have a good day at school. Oh and don't get in trouble again, I won't cover you this time." She said as we pulled up in front of my school. "Yeah whatever." I said. "I'm serious y/n, you can't be so reckless all the time." She got serious. "I promise." I said.

I got in quite a bit of trouble at school. I don't mean doing anything super bad, just the occasional "not paying attention in class" if you know what I mean. I took a passion for art so I would occasionally draw on test sheets or assignments. Or I would pass notes around the class. Of course my teacher would see and send me to detention.

I really didn't care much about going in detention, it was just a little boring is all.

"Alright well I'll see ya later y/n." Matilda said. "Yep, bye." I said getting out of the car.