Chapter 43 - Jealous

third person pov~

James and Y/n watched the rest of the sunset. The orange sky glimmered and shone as the sun tucked away behind the ground. James stared at Y/n, her eyes gleamed and her hair reflected the light. He admired her beauty without her knowing. He smiled.

After a bit the sun had fully set, the sky became dark. The stars gleamed. Y/n turned around and looked to James. His eyes were locked on her. She was confused by the look on his face. She looked to his eyes, confused. "Are you okay?" She asked. He broke out of his trance. "Yeah, I'm fine." He said. He stared into her eyes and began moving closer to her.

Dallas was at Buck's in his room at the time. He was playing with his ring and wondering about life, what it could become. He heard people talking outside of his window and slowly got up from his bed. He made his was towards his window. He looked closely through the dark to see who was there. He heard a familiar voice say, "Are you okay?" He realized that it was Y/n.

He looked closely at the person next to her. It was a boy that had bright blue madras and bright white pants on, with his brown hair parted to the side. He was a soc. "What the hell?" Dallas quietly asked himself, confused. He squinted his eyes to get a better look at them. The boy slowly moved closer to Y/n while Dallas grew angry. He was jealous, he didn't know why. The boy grabbed Y/n's shoulders and moved her closer to him. Dallas grew more angry. The boy brought her in closer and closer until the gap between them closed with their lips. Dallas was fuming. He quickly ran from the window and flopped onto his bed trying to calm himself down.

Y/n's pov~

I tried my best to escape from the grasp of James. After a couple of seconds I was finally able to free myself from the kiss. "What the hell?!" I yelled. "Sorry I-I just thought..." I cut him off. "I'm gonna go." I said angrily as I stormed off. James began chasing after me but I ran faster and faster to get away from him.

I was confused. Why'd he kiss me? I've never had anyone kiss me that way. Heck I've never had anyone kiss me at all. It all went too fast. It's not like I hated him or anything, but I only liked him as a friend, not anything more. Besides, I only loved one person, Dallas. I wondered if he was up in that room while it all happened. I wondered if he heard all the commotion. I wondered if maybe he got jealous for some reason. No that wouldn't happen, he hated me.

Eventually after running and thinking for awhile, James ran out of energy and gave up on chasing me. I was relieved. I ended up at the vacant lot. I sat at the foot of the big tree in the middle of the lot. I caught my breath and quickly dug out the pack of cigarettes Dallas had given to me. I dug in the other pocket and got out my lighter and lit up the cigarette. I quickly brought it to my mouth and took a long drag, it calmed me. I stuffed both the box and lighter back into my pockets.

I sat for awhile at the foot of the tree, smoking. "Y/n?" I heard a familiar voice in the distance. A small dark figure moved towards me. As it got closer to me I scooted more towards the tree. The figure came closer to me. I closed my eyes in fear. "Y/n, it's just me." A calm voice said. I opened my eyes. It was Johnny, he had been close enough to me that I could see the features of his face perfectly.

"Sorry." I apologized. "You're alright." Johnny said as he moved to the side of me. He dug in the pockets of his jacket and pulled out a box of cigarettes and a lighter. He took out one cigarette from the box and stuffed the box back into his pockets. He lit up the cigarette and brought it to his mouth. He put the lighter back in his pocket while the cigarette hung in his mouth. He took in a quick puff of smoke from the cigarette and blew it out.

"What are you doing here?" Johnny asked as he looked to me. I looked to the sky and shrugged. "I just ended up here." I said. "How?" Johnny asked. I sighed as I began telling him the story.

"You've never kissed anyone?" Johnny asked after I told him the story. I playfully rolled my eyes at him. "Sorry." He said. "It's alright." I said, chuckling. "And yes, I've never kissed anyone." I continued. "But what about that one time you and..." Johnny trailed off.  I looked to him, confused. "Me and what?" I asked. "Nothing." He said nervously. I giggled. "Alright." I sighed. I wondered what he was about to say. Me and what? Did I kiss somebody? I blew it off.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, I've never kissed anyone either." Johnny reassured me. I looked to him and smiled, he smiled back. "I'm sure you will someday." I said. He chuckled. "Thanks." He said. "I think you will too." He continued. I smiled. "Thanks."

We both smoked for awhile in the comfortable silence of the night. We both looked up at the stars and admired them. I pointed out a few constellations and helped Johnny find them. We both chuckled every time he couldn't find one. Eventually we moved to the grass and laid on our backs, never taking our eyes off of the stars.