Chapter 38 - Drunken Dance

Dallas admired Y/n as she started to fall asleep in his lap. After a couple of songs went by "Can't Help Falling In Love" by Elvis Presley came on. She popped up from Dallas's lap and her eyes widened. Dallas chuckled. "I love this song!" She yelled. He smiled at her. She sat up excitedly from the couch.

"Come on, let's dance!" She yelled as she tried to drag him off the couch. "I can't dance doll." He said. "Well none of us can dance!" She said loudly. He laughed. "No seriously, I don't dance." He said as he waved his hand. "Please?" She begged. He sat hesitantly for a moment. "Fine." He sighed as he sat up from the couch. She jumped up and down as a big smile came across her face. "Come on!" She whisper yelled as she dragged him across the room.

They got to the middle of the room and she quickly grabbed his hands. She held them for a second and looked to his face with a smile. She put his hands on her waist and wrapped hers around his neck. She gave him a big smile and then looked down to her feet as they began swaying. He smiled and laughed to himself as he looked down to Y/n. He admired her as she focused on the dance.

They swayed back and forth to the song. Y/n slowly moved into Dallas more and more as the song went on, until she was tucked into his jacket and wrapped around him. He smiled as they danced to the rest of the song. After the song, Y/n looked up to Dallas with a big smile. He smiled down at her as she giggled. She focused her eyes on him and he focused on her. She slowly fell backwards in admiration until she fell out of Dallas's arms. He laughed as she fell to the ground. She laughed loudly at herself as she rolled around.

"I think you've had too much to drink." Dallas said as he reached down to her. He grabbed her hands and pulled her up from the ground as she laughed. He pulled her up to him and she fell into his chest. He put his arms out as she wrapped herself around him. "You smell good." She muttered. He chuckled to himself. "Oh yeah?" He asked with a smile on his face. "Yep." She said as she looked up to him. "Well thanks." Dallas said. She smiled and he smiled back.

She looked to his eyes for a long time and he looked into hers. He focused on her eyes and how they sparkled in the light, then he looked to her lips. She focused on him and slowly moved towards him. She got closer and closer until she closed the gap between them with their lips. He fell back in shock but quickly started to kiss her back. He felt butterflies rush to his stomach as she passionately kissed him. He placed his hands on her hips as she slung around in his neck. He completely forgot that the whole gang was in the room.

"Whoo!" Two-Bit yelled as he got in their faces. Dallas quickly pulled away from the kiss as he remembered they weren't alone. Y/n fell into his chest as he let go of her and she wrapped herself around him once again. "What was that about Dally?" Soda asked with a smirk. He turned red as everyone surrounded them. "I knew it!" Matilda yelled before she fell back in laughter. Darry picked her up and held her steady as they looked to Dallas. "S-She's just drunk." Dallas stuttered. "It was nothing." He continued. "It didn't look like "nothing" to me." Pony said using hand quotations. Dallas rolled his eyes at Pony in response. "She's just drunk alright!" Dallas yelled. He grabbed Y/n and handed her over to Johnny as he stormed out of the house. "God, he gets mad so easily." Two-Bit mentioned before taking a swig of beer. Everyone agreed then quickly went back to being crazy.

Johnny gently set Y/n on the couch and quickly walked outside. He quietly closed the door and sat next to Dallas on the porch. Dallas was smoking. "Hey Dal." Dallas looked over to Johnny. "Hey." He said before bringing his cigarette to his mouth. "You okay?" Johnny asked. Dallas nodded as he blew out a long puff of smoke. "Do you like her or something?" Johnny asked as he took a cigarette from out of his pocket. Dallas sighed. "I don't know." He said. Johnny nodded his head before lighting his cigarette and bringing it to his mouth.

"I think she likes you Dal." Johnny mentioned. "She's just drunk man." Dallas reminded him. They didn't say another word and smoked silently on the porch for awhile before heading back inside.