Chapter 41 - Twenty

This one's a bit random and shitty so just try and bear with me.

After awhile of admiring my gifts and eating chocolate cake to my heart's content, the day was almost over. Me, Pony, Johnny, Soda, and Two-Bit were all talking on the living room floor as Steve, Dally, Matilda, and Darry watched the television.

"Thanks again for the gifts." I thanked everyone. "No problem." Soda replied as everyone else nodded their heads. "Thanks for your used box of cigarettes Dally." I said jokingly as I looked up to him. He laughed quietly. "You're welcome doll." He replied. I playfully rolled my eyes at him before looking back to everyone on the floor.

We went back to talking for awhile before dinner was ready. We all got up and ate the grilled chicken and peas that Darry had made us. It was good, as usual. After dinner I helped Matilda out with the dishes and we talked for awhile.

I smiled every second of the day as we all joked around and talked together. I loved hanging out with the gang, every second with them was amazing. Watching Mickey Mouse with Two-Bit, reading with Pony, watching the sunset on the porch with Johnny, laughing and being reckless with Soda, arm wrestling with Steve, helping Darry out with dinner, and teasing Dallas. It sure was great.

Darry and Matilda hung out in the kitchen together while the rest of us hung out in the living room. They were in there for awhile, as usual. None of us really knew what happened between the two when they were alone in a room. None us ever tried to actually find out though, until tonight. I still had to win that bet with Two-Bit and maybe this would be my chance, I thought. Maybe we'd catch them in the act.

"Ya wanna go see what Matilda and Darry are up to?" I asked curiously. Everyone chuckled. "Sure." A few of them replied while everyone else nodded their heads. "Maybe I could win that bet." I said as I looked to Two-Bit. He chuckled. "You wish." He said as he quickly got up from the ground. "It's on." I challenged him as I got up from the ground.

We all snuck over to the kitchen with silent foot steps. As we got to the kitchen everyone's eyes widened. Sure enough we saw Darry and Matilda kissing, not knowing we were all there. Looks like I'd be getting twenty bucks form Two-Bit after all. I should've snuck in on them earlier.

I quickly put my hand out to Two-Bit for the money. I had a big old smirk across my face. He rolled his eyes at me as he quietly dig in his pockets for twenty bucks. He reluctantly handed two crumpled up tens. "Told ya." I said loudly. Both Matilda and Darry quickly pulled away from each other as their eye widened. "Shit." Matilda said. Darry backed away from her. "Got ya." I said with a smirk on my face.

"All of you are here for this?" Darry asked. "Yeps" came from everyone as they nodded their heads. "Thanks for the twenty." I said, looking over to Two-Bit. He rolled his eyes at me. "I hate you." He said. I chuckled. "Thanks." I replied. He sighed. "You bet on this?!" Matilda asked loudly. I nodded my head. She put her hand to her face in annoyance.

"Let's go home." She said angrily as she grabbed my wrist. I chuckled as she pulled out the front door. "Bye!" I yelled as she slammed the door behind me. "You bet on me and Darry?" She asked, clearly annoyed. She pulled me to her side as we continued walking. "Is it really that bad?" I asked. "It's just annoying. We were doing good." She said. "Wait... how long have you two been..." I asked curiously. She sighed. "A month." She said. I chuckled. She slapped me across the shoulder. "Ok ok geez." I said as I put my hand to the spot where she hit me.

We quickly got home and Matilda gave me a lecture. After the lecture she was still pretty annoyed with me and sent me off to my room. I hung out for awhile in bed.