Chapter 11 - Home

Y/n's pov ~

I woke up with a pounding in my head. As I sat up I felt sickness rush to my stomach. What happened? I looked around the room and realized I wasn't at home. The room was run down and a little dirty. I scanned the room and found Dallas passed out in the floor. I was in a bed, it had worn out, thin sheets. Where am I?

I got up and nearly fell because I felt so sick in the stomach. Me head started to pound harder each step I took. I don't remember anything that happened or why I was here. I didn't even know Dallas very well so why was I with him? Maybe it's just a dream?

I couldn't think clearly as I paced around the mysterious room. I was trying to remember what had happened. As I paced around the room, memories came flooding back to me.

Me and Dallas were walking together and he asked if I wanted a drink. I thought for a minute.

I got drunk! How could I let this happen? My sisters probably worried sick! She's gonna kill me! I ran my hands through my hair as I stressed about my sister. "I'm gonna die today." I whispered to myself, knowing Dallas was asleep. I thought about my problem a little longer.

I knew my sister was gonna kill me but I had to go home. I know she loves me and she'll forgive me. Right? Plus she got drunk all the time, she couldn't get mad at me. Right?

"I should go home." I whispered to myself, placing my hands on the bed.

I looked around the room, trying to find something to write a letter with. I wanted to write a letter to tell Dallas I was at home and safe. I found a torn piece of paper and a chewed pencil. I began writing the letter to Dallas.

"Dear Dallas,

I have to go back home. I wrote this letter so you wouldn't be freaked out because I disappeared so suddenly. I don't remember  what happened last night but I'm sure it was fun, based on how sick I am. I just wanted to say thanks, I've never been drunk, ever. I'm sure I had an amazing time last night. Thanks.

                                                          Sincerely,
                                                                 Y/n."

I wrote.

I grabbed my denim jacket that was draped on the the bed and walked quietly out the door. I ran down some rickety stairs into what looked to be a bar. This is where I got drunk huh? The bar was empty and the sunlight was peaking through the windows. It was messy, probably from last night. It felt weird because usually when you see a bar it's usually packed with people.

I dashed out the door and ran towards what I thought was the south side. I wasn't great with directions but I slowly saw houses getting bigger and bigger, I knew I was going the right way. Then I found myself at the tracks, stopping in front of them.

I starred down at them. "I was here last night." I said to myself. Only yesterday I met Dallas Winston. Only yesterday I met the Curtis gang. Only yesterday I felt... free. Free. Away from all the rules and high expectations. Away from the fake personality's and all the fake love. Away from being a... "Soc." I said to myself. I sighed as I contemplated crossing the tracks.

As I thought about all that had happened yesterday my sister suddenly popped into my head. I didn't want to cross the tracks, I had a good time on the north side. But she was over there. She's the only one who ever cares about me. The only one that makes me feel loved. She loves me and I love her. That's why I decided to cross the tracks.

I was slowly walking back to my house, dreading the south side. I didn't like how the south side felt. The north side was just so different, it felt good to be on that side of town.

I began to think of Dallas Winston. I wondered what we did last night. Specifically what I did. I can't believe I got drunk, all because of Dallas and this stupid game. God I hate him. But it did feel good to be free for once. I guess I can't hate him for that.

Then I thought about the Curtis gang. They seemed real nice. I hope I get to know them better. They seemed like they would be great friends to have, other than Matilda and Cherry Valence of course.

I started to get closer to my house, I was dreading what was to come. Matilda will probably give me one her lectures or whatever. She can be annoying like that sometimes, but I get where she's coming from. I know all she wants to do is protect me, and I'm glad for that.

I soon found myself in our neighborhood. I sighed as I approached my house.

I went up the steps to the porch and knocked on the door.