Chapter 36 - As usual

Y/n's pov~

I was drifted into thought, staring at myself in the mirror. "God I look like a mess." I mumbled to myself. I picked my head up off from my palm and sat up. My eyes looked tired and my hair was a tangly, frizzy mess. I blew out a puff of air from my mouth as I picked up my brush. I tugged on my hair as I untangled the raggedy mess on my head. It took me about twenty minutes to completely untangle my hair. I set my brush down and went to get dressed.

I quickly threw on a pair of jeans and a loose fitting, white turtleneck and took a good look at myself in the mirror. "Much better." I said as I walked out my door. I barged into Matilda's room. I saw her standing in the middle of her room putting her jacket on. "Are you ready?" I asked as I swung on her door. "Almost." She said as she fixed the collar of her jacket. "Done." She said as she ran out the door. I closed the door behind her and followed. We quickly went down the stairs, passed our parents fighting, and out the front door.

We both hopped in the car and drifted off. We headed over to the Curtis house as usual. As we pulled up by the house I saw Johnny and Ponyboy out on the porch. I slipped out of the car and ran up to the gate. "Hey guys." I said as I opened the gate. They both waved to me. "Whatcha doin?" I asked as I sat next to them. "Just taking a smoke." Pony answered.

I nodded my head as I got out a lighter that Two-Bit had given me and a pack of cigarettes from my pockets. I took one out and lit up as I stuck the box back in my pocket. I quickly brought the cigarette to my mouth and took a long drag before lifting my head to the ceiling as I blew out a long puff of smoke. "Don't smoke too much." Matilda reminded me as she went inside. "Yeah yeah." I said as I gestured to her. She shook her head in annoyance and closed the door behind her as she entered the house.

Me, Pony, and Johnny smoked for awhile in silence before heading inside for dinner. We all greeted the gang as we entered the house before heading to the kitchen to put our plates together. Darry made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and salad. As usual most of the food was gone before I got to it, but there was just enough for me.

"Thanks Darry." I said as I set my plate on the floor in the living room. He nodded and smiled as I sat down to eat. "Hey doll." Dally said as he sat down next to me. "Hey Dally." I said with my mouth full. He chuckled. I playfully nudged him in the arm. I looked down at his plate. He had a whole ton of food, his plate was overflowing. I rolled my eyes at him before grabbing my fork. I quickly shoved my fork into a piece of his meatloaf and stole it from him. "Hey!" He yelled with us mouth full. He began trying to fight me for the piece as I laughed at him. I ate it before he could get to it and he rolled his eyes at me.

I ate quickly as me and Dallas teased each other. After I ate I helped Soda out with the dishes and we talked for awhile. We laughed every time Steve or Two-Bit would pass by us to get more chocolate cake from the fridge. I still didn't know how in the world they weren't dead yet, or how their stomachs never hurt.

After me and Soda were done with the dishes we went back to the living room and hung out with the gang. Me, Soda, Steve, and Two-Bit all talked on the ground, Pony and Johnny both hung out on the couch, Darry and Matilda hung out in the dining room, and Dallas stayed in the corner watching and listening in while he smoked. I occasionally looked over to him and admired him, his droopy brown hair and shiny dark eyes. However he would always catch me staring at him and he'd smirk. God I hated that stupid smirk, I always wanted to wipe it clean off. I would roll my eyes at him and quickly look away. I tried convincing myself that I hated him.

"Y'all up for a drink?" Two-Bit asked as he came out of the kitchen carrying beer bottles. Steve, Dallas, and Matilda all took a bottle from his hands. "No thanks." I said as he came up to me. "God you're so prissy." Dallas mentioned. I looked over to him. He had a big smirk across his face. I rolled my eyes at him. "No I'm not." I defended myself. He cackled. "Prove it." He said, gesturing towards Two-Bit. I rolled my eyes again before looking to Two-Bit. I sat for a minute, hesitant. I wanted to prove Dallas wrong, but I didn't want to get drunk all over again. "Fine." I decided as I aggressively took a bottle from Two-Bit. "There ya go." I heard Dallas say under his breath.

I took the beer bottle and tipped it into my mouth. I chugged about half the beer from out of the bottle. "Whooo!" Two-Bit yelled before he drank a big gulp of beer.