Chapter 33 - Fine

After cleaning up the bathroom a bit I called Dallas in. "Dallas, it's your turn." I said from the bathroom. "I'm fine." He sounded annoyed. I rolled my eyes at him as I approached him. "You're not "fine". I stated, using hand quotations. He rolled his eyes at me. "I don't need help. Alright?" He said again. He had an annoyed look on his face. Even though he said he was fine I knew he's was lying.

I grabbed his wrist and tried dragging him off the couch. I could only make it so far before I had to let go, he was too heavy. It was like when my sister was drunk and I had to drag her to bed, only it was worse. Dallas was much bigger than her, he was harder to move. He weakly chuckled as I failed to move him. "Just let me help you." I said. He rolled his eyes at me and sighed. "Fine." He gave in.

He got up from the couch and followed me into the bathroom as I shut the door behind him. "Sit down." I said, pointing to the toilet. He slowly walked to the toilet and sat down. I gathered the things I need from the first aid kit. I gathered self adhesive wrap, cotton balls, gauze, bandages, and adhesive tape.

"I told you I'm fine." Dallas reminded me. I rolled my eyes at him. I went over to the toilet and crouched down next to Dallas. I gently touched a cut on his arm and he winced. "You need help." I stated. He rolled his eyes at me.

I needed to see more of Dallas's cuts. "Take your shirt off." I demanded. He weakly chuckled. I rolled my eyes at him. "Just take it off. Alright? I need to see more of your wounds." I demanded as I applied the rubbing alcohol to a cotton ball. He chuckled as he took his shirt off. I looked up from the cotton ball and saw his body. His body was large and strong looking. His muscles stood out in the light.

"See something ya like doll?" Dallas said, smirking. He was right but I didn't wanna tell him that. I snapped out of my trance. I took the cotton ball that I had prepared with rubbing alcohol earlier, and plugged it into a small gash in his stomach. He winced. "Stop messing around Winston." I said. He chuckled.

I gently patted the ball on the gash and cleaned it up before wrapping it with gauze and self adhesive wrap. I cleaned up more of his wounds and bandaged them up as Dallas winced. "I thought you were tough." I joked as I cleaned up a cut on his arm. He rolled his eyes at me. "You're a real dick." Dallas stated jokingly. I chuckled. I continued cleaning him up and bandaging his wounds.

After cleaning up his body, I moved onto his face. There was a large gash in his right cheek so I began cleaning it up. I got close to Dallas's face and gently patted it with the cotton ball. He tried turning away to avoid the pain but I quickly grabbed his left cheek and turned him back to me. I started cleaning it up again, not realizing how close I was to Dallas's face or that I was still holding his cheek.

Once I was done cleaning up his cheek I moved to reach the bandages. When I moved I caught a glimpse of Dallas staring at me. I turned to him and stared into his eyes as he stared into mine. His eyes were beautiful. His deep brown eyes gleamed in the light, every detail was visible. They were cold and dark but also warm and inviting at the same time. They were beautiful somehow. I stared into his eyes, I got a feeling in my stomach I couldn't explain. His eyes astonished me.

"Sorry." I said as I backed away from him. My hand dropped to my side. I grabbed a bandage and placed it on his wound before standing up. I wiped the fake dust off of my skirt and went back over to the sink. "You're done." I said as a patted my hips. He got up from the toilet and walked towards the door.

As he reached for the door nob I saw his shirt sitting by the toilet from the corner of my eye. I ran over to it and picked it up. I quickly walked back to him and put it out for him to grab. "You forgot your shirt." I said awkwardly. He grabbed it from my hands and opened the door. "Thanks." He said as he left. I stared at him as he walked out to the living room. I quickly realized what I was doing and shut the door. I sighed as I began cleaning up the bathroom.

While cleaning the bathroom I thought about what had just happened. I was confused. In the moments that I stared into Dallas's eyes I felt something, something different. It was a weird feeling, something I never felt before. I couldn't explain it but it felt... good? I couldn't comprehend it. I thought of Dallas. His deep brown eyes that shined in the light. Every little detail of his eyes reflected the light and was visible. They were so cold but so warm at the same time. They were beautiful. He was beautiful.

I snapped right out of my thoughts as I heard the door slam open behind me. "Are you done in here?" It was Matilda. I looked over my shoulder. She was standing behind me. "Almost. I'm just cleaning up a bit." I stated. She nodded her head as she left. She slowly closed the door behind her. I sighed as I went back to cleaning and thinking.