Chapter 79 - Forget about the shit

y/n's pov~

I was in deep sleep when Dallas rushed through the door. I gazed at him with confusion as he ran over to the bed and sat on the end. I sat up and rubbed my eyes with exhaustion. "Why are you so... energetic?" I asked, energetic being the only word I could think of in the moment.

He smiled at me before he pulled his hand out from behind his back to reveal a bouquet of maroon roses and a small, tawny colored teddy bear. Both items were slightly disorderly, I'm assuming because of his pace in running. I smiled at the items that had been arranged in his rough, callused hand. I smiled widely at the sight.

"What are these for?" I asked with a giggle as I gently took them from his hand. "For you." He stated. I chuckled as I admired the roses, delicately rearranging them to my content. "I know that." I said as I moved my eyes to the teddy bear which I held in my other hand. "But what's the occasion?" I continued to ask as I ran my thumb over the soft fur on the bear. "It's to make ya feel better." He answered. I looked up to him with surprise and happiness.

"You thought of this?" I asked. He playfully rolled his eyes at me. "Don't think I can come up with a good idea to make my girlfriend feel better?" He asked. I laughed at his statement. "Just doesn't seem like you I guess. Plus, you said you wouldn't go soft for me." I reminded him with a smirk. "I thought you'd like it." He said with a sense of annoyance in his voice.

I laughed under my breath as I glanced down at the bear and flowers, then back up to him. "I love 'em Dal." I said as I pulled him into a gentle kiss. "Thanks." I whispered against his lips with a smile. He smiled then pulled me back into the kiss, his soft lips against mine was a sense of relief in that time of grief.

He pulled away and breathed heavily. We both grinned at each other before I set the gift aside. "Oh, I almost forgot." He said as he reached to the back pocket of his jeans. I looked to him intently as he dug something out. "What?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows. "Here." He said as he tossed me a pack of cigarettes. I smiled and laughed, thankful for the cigarettes. "Thanks Dal." I said as I set them to my side along with the other gifts. "You're real sweet." I stated as I ruffled his hair. He grinned as he began to fix his mop of hair.

I pulled him back in for another tender kiss, then another and another, both of us breathing heavily as we pulled away every minute or so. We inched our way lower and lower to the mattress until I finally laid down completely. I smiled as he pulled away once more. He smiled back at me with his beautiful whiteish teeth that shone brightly.

"I love you Dallas." I spoke as I stared into his glimmering dark eyes. "I love you too doll." He said as he lifted me by my chin and pulled me back into the kiss. His necklace hung above my face as he kissed my forehead, trailing down my face and to my neck. It sent shivers down my spine as he began kissing my collarbone, unhooking my bra in the process.

"I'm tired Dallas." I said in between my heavy breathing. "No you're not." He convinced me. I giggled in between kisses. "Alright." I said with a smirk before I smashed my lips against his.

In that moment with Dallas I had completely forgot of horror, melancholy, and grief that happened in the previous night. Kissing him and being intimate with him felt like a drug in that time, keeping my mind off of the shitty things in the world. It was as if it was just the two of us alone on the giant globe, everything and everyone had disappeared around us, and I loved it, I longed for more.

~

I woke up early in the morning, my and legs arms wrapped around Dallas's bare body. I smiled as I curled up closer to him, completely tucking myself into his chest. "Mornin doll." I heard him whisper. I smiled as I looked up to him. "Mornin Dally." I said quietly.

He stared down at me as he brushed the hair out of my face. "You're beautiful doll." He said as he glided his thumb across my cheek. My cheeks turned flush at his words. Beautiful. Not hot, but beautiful. "And you're real handsome." I said. He smiled down at me and I smiled back up at him.

God I loved Dallas.