Chapter 66 - Yell

Thank you all so much for 5k reads! I can't believe this story has had so much reads in a small amount of time. Thank you!

I looked to the house as we approached it. The lights were shining through the messy blinds and they illuminated the porch. I took a deep breath before we both headed towards the gate. We went through the squeaking gate as quietly as possible. We crept up the rickety steps of the Curtis house. I took in another deep breath before I slowly opened the front door.

I watched Darry pop up from his rocking chair as he watched me and Dallas come in. I heard the door shut behind me as Dallas closed it gently. "Why were you gone so long?" Darry asked loudly in a serious tone. "I just wasn't paying attention to the time." I said quietly. Darry sighed out of frustration. "Something could've happened to you." He stated loudly. "Dally was with me the whole time." I said as I gestured to Dallas. He sighed as Matilda came rushing from out of his room. She came to his side.

"What's happening?" She asked, looking at me and Darry. "I just got home a little too late." I answered. "A little?!" Darry asked as he threw his hands in the air. "Darry." Matilda said loudly as she looked to him with seriousness. He clenched his teeth as he tried to settle down. "I'll handle this Darry." Matilda stated softly as she put her hand to his shoulder. He sighed as he looked down to her. She gave him a reassuring nod as she gestured him towards the room. He walked down the hallway and to his room, closing the door loudly.

Matilda darted her eyes over to me and Dallas. She sighed as she stared at us. "Come on." She demanded as she grabbed my wrist. Dallas began to follow as she dragged me into the bathroom. "Stay there Dallas." She gestured him to the living room as she shut the door behind us.

"Sit down." She said as she pointed at the toilet. I sighed as I slowly walked over to it and sat down. I fiddled with fingers before Matilda crouched down next to me. "I wasn't out that long." I muttered still looking down at my fingers. She sighed. "It's one in the morning Y/n." She stated. I brought my attention to her and rolled my eyes. She put her hand to her face in annoyance. "You know how Darry gets." She mentioned bring her head up from the palm of her hand. "I know..." I trailed off. "But Dallas was with me the whole time!" I defended myself. "I was fine." I continued.

"I know. I know." She said. I brought my attention back to my hands and began playing with them again. "It's still scary Y/n. Remember what happened with Johnny?" She asked. I shook a little at her question, the images of Johnny flashing in my mind. "What about with you and Pony? That was just this morning." She mentioned. I took in a deep breath. "I know." I said quietly. "I know." I repeated.

"I'll talk to Darry. Okay?" She stated. "Alright." I said in a breath. She patted me on the shoulder with reassurance as she stood up. She glanced at me before she left the room. I could see Dallas standing awkwardly in the middle of the room as the door swung open. I covered my mouth as I let out a small laugh. I stood up from the toilet and slowly went through the open door. I watched as Matilda rushed into Darrys room, closing the door gently behind her.

I sighed as I looked to Dallas. He darted his eyes over to me. "Sorry." He apologized as he rubbed the back of his neck. I shrugged. "It's not your fault." I mentioned casually. I took in a deep breath as I started walking to the room Soda had offered me. "See ya tomorrow Dal." I said as opened the door. "What am I gonna do?" He asked with confusion as he threw his hands in the air. I chuckled. "Take the couch or something. I'm sure no one would mind." I replied, gesturing towards the couch. He looked to the couch and shrugged. "Alright." He said. "Good night." He continued. "Night." I said as I went through the door, closing it quietly behind me.

I looked around the room and saw Pony and Soda cuddled up in the bed. I smiled at the sight and brought my eyes to the floor. My sleeping spot was a firm blow up mattress with a small blanket spread across it, a small pillow was at the top. I sighed as I tiredly walked over to it. I fell on top of it face first and sprawled out across it. Although it had been uncomfortable, it was much better than the couch, which had been even more firm.

I positioned myself in the most comfortable way possible and closed my eyes. I ran thoughts through my head for awhile as I slowly fell asleep.