Chapter 7 - Doll

As I walked into the house I immediately smelt beer and smoke and heard eruptions of laughter. It was unlike any house I had ever been in. It was messy and the stench was heavy. It was also very small, nothing very special. I kind of liked it though. I don't exactly know why but it seemed real. All the other houses I've ever been to smelt really good, they were always spotless. It's almost as if no one ever lived in them. This one though, it felt like an actual home, not just some statement piece. It felt lived in, loved. Ya know what I mean?

I heard "Hey Dally." From every direction of the home as we entered. This was the whole Curtis gang wasn't it? Didn't know Dallas Winston was apart of it. Dallas didn't greet anyone when they said hi. Not surprised.

I was behind everyone so no one saw me. "Guys I want ya to meet someone." Ponyboy said as I got further into the doorway. No one would move because the room was so small so I was stuck in the doorway. Ponyboy soon came over to me and urged me inside. "This is y/n. I met her in English class." I heard "Hi." from every direction. I awkwardly waved as everyone greeted me. Two-bit then came over to me. "Your Pony's mom!" He said loudly. I giggled.

Then another person came up to me. He had chocolate all over his face. He had dark hair and eyes. "The names Steve." He said shaking my hand. His mouth seemed to be full as he introduced himself. I looked down at my hand after he was done shaking it and it was covered in chocolate. I giggled at the sight. "Sorry bout that, just a little cake is all." He apologized, swallowing the rest of his cake. "You're fine. I love chocolate anyways." I said giggling. "Here." Ponyboy handed me a napkin. "Thanks." I said, still giggling.

"Will ya stop eating cake for one second Steve?!" Ponyboy yelled. "Oh no, he's ok." I said. "I'd do the same." I heard some laughter around the house. "Come sit down." Ponyboy said, urging me towards the couch. All four of us sat down, it was a bit squishy but it was fine. "Thanks for letting me come in here." I said turning towards Ponyboy. "It was the least I could do. Plus it's a way to repay you for putting ya in detention." He said turning towards me. "I said it's fine Ponyboy. I really don't care, detentions just a little boring. Nothin bad." I said rubbing my neck.

"Still, it's the right thing to do." He said smiling. I smiled back at him. "Well thanks." I said. "He's the one that got ya in detention?" Dallas said. I turned towards him as he pulled a cigarette to his lips. "Yes." I said. "Kinda unlikely of you Ponyboy." He said after he pulled the cigarette away. "And why is that?" Ponyboy asked as he crossed his arms. "I thought you were a book nerd or somethin. Thought you paid attention in class." Dallas said smiling. "I was bored ok, and I already knew what the teacher was sayin." Ponyboy said. "Ok, I believe ya. No need to get defensive, geez." Dallas said, taking a drag from his cigarette. Ponyboy rolled his eyes.

"How do you know about y/n in detention?" Ponyboy asked. "I mean you did just say it ya idiot. Plus I was with her." Dallas said. "You were with her? In detention? In school?" Ponyboy asked. "I thought you dropped out in 6th grade." Ponyboy said.

So that's why I never saw him in school, he dropped out. "I was just hanging around. I didn't have anywhere else to go. The dumb teacher that caught me smoking must've thought I was a student. So I got thrown in detention and met Ms.Smith over here." Dallas stated, pointing at me. "It's y/n you dick." I said. "Ok..." Dallas said, turning towards me. "Ms.Smith." He said slowly, beginning to laugh at me. I punched him in the right shoulder turning him back towards the couch. He just kept laughing.

"Hey Ponyboy, can I use the restroom?" I turned towards Ponyboy. "Sure y/n, it's right over there." Ponyboy said, pointing to the bathroom. "Thanks." I said getting up. All I could hear was Dallas's stupid laugh as I walked towards the bathroom. God he's annoying. I was about to open the door until someone burst in front of me.

Sodapop Curtis. I could recognize that smile from a mile away. Now I realized why girls liked him, he sure was handsome. "Hello y/n. I'm Sodapop Curtis." He said shaking my hand. "Hello Sodapop." I said shaking his hand, smiling. "I didn't get to introduce myself earlier because you were talking to pony and I didn't wanna interrupt. I'm his brother." He said. "Yeah I know, you two look pretty similar." I said. "It nice meeting ya y/n. Sorry if I got in your way a bit." He stated. "It was nice meeting ya too Sodapop, and you're all good." I said. "Call me Soda." He said. "Ok, got ya Soda." I said smiling. He then ran back to the table where he was with Steve.

I walked into the bathroom. It was small, a little old looking but that's alright. I didn't actually need to go to the bathroom, I just needed to get away from Dallas Winston. God he's so mean, but so handsome at the same time. I've never thought of any boy that way. Well except Sodapop, but I never actually had a crush on him or anything. It's not like I really have a crush on Dallas, I just have a weird feeling about him. Maybe it was a crush but I don't know, I mean I never had one. So maybe this is what it felt like? Except it was more just hatred for the guy. It's probably not a crush, just something new I guess.

For a couple of minutes I was drifted into thought as I looked at myself in the mirror. Then I snapped out of it as I heard the door open. I looked over. "How ya doin darlin?" Dallas Winston. I sighed. "What do you want Dallas?" I said, annoyed. He shut the door behind him. "I'm still waiting for you to prove me wrong. Or did ya chicken out already?" He said laughing. "I was gonna do something tonight but you had to interrupt." I said angrily.

"Yeah?" Dallas asked, smirking. He kept getting closer and closer to me. He ended up backing me into the sink. "What were ya gonna do doll?" He said. He was really close, I could feel his breath on my lips as he spoke. "I was gonna steal something, well at least that's what I was thinking of doing. Also stop calling me doll, Winston." I said. "Pfft. You couldn't steal anything in a million years." He said getting closer to me. His hands were next to me as he leaned on the sink, pinning me against it. "What makes you think I can't?" I said smirking. "Maybe the fact that you have cherry chapstick on." He said with a smirk. I lifted my fingers to my lips.

"Cherry chapstick? What does that have to do with anything?" I asked crossing my arms. "It explains everything... doll." He said. "Wipe your stupid smirk off and get outta here Dallas. And stop calling me doll." I said angrily. "Whatcha gonna do... doll?" He asked. I smacked him making him fall back. I opened the door and walked out.