*PS 2*

The first year students walk into the castle, and up the staircase. On a higher level, Professor McGonagall is waiting. She taps her fingers on a stone railing, and then goes to the top of the stairs to greet the newcomers.

"Oh look Minnie's as stern as ever" Sirius says smiling at McGonagall.

"How many times have I told you not to call me that"

"If its anything like Rory, every day" Harry says smirking at his sister. Whilst the Marauders all look at her proudly.

"What you on about Harold dear Min Min loved our weekly chats"

"Rory that was detention, not a weekly chat" Hermione says for a second time.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup." A scared looking Neville Longbottom, spots his toad sitting near McGonagall. He jumps forward.

"Trevor!" he catches his toad as McGonagall stares down at him as some of the students laugh "Sorry." He backs away, embarrassed.

"Aww Nev you were so cute" Neville blushes slightly at Rory's words.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." McGonagall says as she leaves to go into the Great Hall.

"Come on Padfoot bets on my kids houses" James says excitedly.

"Please be Gryffindor for both of them" Sirius says crossing his fingers whilst Rory sends Harry an amused look.

A young looking boy, with short blonde hair, speaks up.

"It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." Some of the students are heard whispering, "Harry Potter?" as the boy introduces his two "This is Crabbe and Goyle. And I'm Malfoy Draco Malfoy." Ron snickers at his name "Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley. You'll soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. Don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." extends his hand to Harry.

"Please tell me you didn't shake his hand" James says staring at his son.

"I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks."

"Draco" Narcissa says to her son.

"I know mother, I wasn't very nice when I was younger"

"It actually gets worse before it gets better" Rory tells Narcissa.

Draco glares as McGonagall returns and taps Draco on the shoulder with a rolled up paper. He leaves Harry with one last glare.

"We're ready for you now. Follow me." She leads everyone through two large doors and into the Great Hall, where there are four long tables with thousands of students, as well as floating candles. The roof appears to be the sky.

"It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." Hermione tells the girl next to her as Harry looks around for his sister. He spots her sat leaning against one of the twins, her tie hanging loosely around her neck as she whispers something to the other boy next to her she spots Harry and smiles at him before going back to her conversation.