Third Year

Harry's sorting

Rory leans again Fred whilst talking to Charlie at the Gryffindor table, waiting for the new first years to be sorted including their younger brothers.

"What house do you reckon they'll be in" Rory asks Charlie.

"Probably Gryffindor like us" 

"Most likely" 

"Hey Rory" George says getting Rory's attention.

"Yeah" 

"Why are your dad and uncle's at the teachers table" 

"What" She turns around to look at the teachers table to find her dad, Remus and Sirius all smirking at her. "I have absolutely no idea" She looks at them confused as the doors open distracting her as McGonagall walks in followed by the new first years.

"It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." A girl with bushy hair tells the girl next to her as Harry looks around spotting Rory who sends him a small smile. McGonagall leads the first-years to the front where the Sorting Hat lies on the stool. 

"Will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words" Dumbledore rises from the main table.

"I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students." He looks at Rory and the twins before continuing "I would also like to introduce three new members of staff. Firstly Professor Black who is taking the place of Professor Sinistra who has decided to leave us" Sirius stands up and gives a dramatic bow before sitting back down. "Secondly I would like to introduce Professor Lupin" Remus gives a small nod "and Professor Potter" James waves at the students "they will both be taking over the teachings of Defence against the Dark arts" 

"You're screwed this year Nova" 

"No I'm not, if it was my mum I'd agree with you" Dumbledore sits back down as McGonagall starts talking again.

"When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger."

"Oh, no. Okay, relax." Hermione says to herself as she goes up. Hermione sits on the stool and McGonagall places the sorting hat on her head

"Ah, right then...hmm...right. Okay...Gryffindor!!" The Gryffindor table starts cheering as Hermione jumps off with a smile.

"Draco Malfoy." Draco saunters up proudly. The tattered hat nearly freaks before touching down on Draco's head.

"SLYTHERIN!"

"Susan Bones." A small, redhead goes up. 

"Let's see I know Hufflepuff!" 

"Ronald Weasley." Ron gulps and walks up. He sits down and the hat is put on him. 

"Ha! Another Weasley. I know just what to do with you. Gryffindor!!" The students cheer as Ron sighs in relief.

"Harry Potter." Harry walks up and sits down on the stool. The Sorting Hat is placed on his head.

"GRYFFINDOR!!" There is an immense cheering and Harry goes to the Gryffindor table. Harry sits down at the table. After all of the first years are sorted in their houses, all of the students were talking to each other. McGonagall dings on a cup.

"Your attention, please." Dumbledore rising from his chair

"Let the feast begin." Food starts to magically appears on all the tables, and the hall is filled with awe and chatter.

"Wow." Harry said before looking over at Rory.

"Harry did you no about dad, Pad's and Moony" Rory asks him looking up at James who just sent her a wink.

"No, do you reckon this is what they kept having secret conversations about" 

"Probably"

Teachers

Rory walks over to James, Sirius and Remus as the other students start heading to their houses.

"Hello Little Wolf" Sirius says with a smirk.

"Why didn't you tell me you were becoming teachers" 

"Wanted to surprise you" James says smiling at her.

"You know I'm still not going to behave in your lessons right" 

"Wouldn't expect anything less from our trouble maker" Remus says making the other two laugh.

"Right I'm going to go find the twins. I'll see you three pains tomorrow" Rory says shaking her head slightly before walking off.

Trouble

Rory runs into the Defence class and hides under the desk where Remus was sat.

"Erm wolf what you doing?" He looks at her as she shoos him away just as Filch appears at the door.

"Sorry to disturb you Professor Lupin I was just looking for a student who ran this way, have you seen her"

"Do you know who it was"

"I think it was Potter"

"I haven't seen miss Potter since this morning Mr Filch, sorry"

"No problem professor sorry for interrupting you" He bows his head before leaving. Remus looks back under his desk.

"Going to tell me what you did this time" Just as he asks the floo network in his office fires up and James walks out.

"Evening Moony, whys my daughter under your desk" He tilts his head to look at Rory.

"I was just asking her the same thing, I know she's hiding from Filch just need to find out why"

"Hi dad" Rory says as she comes out from under the desk and gives James a hug.

"Hello sweetheart, so gonna tell us what you did"

"Only threw a dungbomb with the twins, it's not even that bad"

"Why am I not even slightly surprised" 

"Hey you encourage me half the time don't forget dad" 

"Shh don't tell your mother"

"Right now it's safe again I'm going to go find Fred and George, we all kind of spilt up" 

"Have fun darling" 

"Bye Dad, bye Moony" With that she runs back out of the classroom leaving James and Remus smiling at her.