OOTP 1

"We're now on to Harry's fifth year and Rory's seventh" Hermione said putting the next disc in. "Again its going to be a lot of Rory's memories and a couple of Harry's"

Harry was sat on a swing. The streetlamps from the surrounding roads were casting a misty glow strong enough to silhouette a group of people making their way across the park. One of them was singing a loud, crude song. The others were laughing. A soft ticking noise came from several expensive racing bikes that they were wheeling along. The figure in front was unmistakably Dudley Dursley, wending his way home, accompanied by his faithful gang.

"Can't believe he actually has friends" Sirius says laughing slightly.

Harry watched the dark figures crossing the grass before he set off toward the park gate. He walked quickly and halfway along Magnolia Road Dudley's gang came into view again they were saying their farewells at the entrance to Magnolia Crescent. Harry stepped into the shadow of a large lilac tree and waited.

". . . squealed like a pig, didn't he?" Malcolm was saying, to guffaws from the others.

"Nice right hook, Big D" Piers said.

"Same time tomorrow?" Dudley said. 

"Round at my place, my parents are out" Gordon told the group. 

"See you then" Dudley said. 

"Bye Dud!"

"See ya, Big D!" Harry waited for the rest of the gang to move on before setting off
again. When their voices had faded once more he headed around the corner into Magnolia Crescent and by walking very quickly he soon came within hailing distance of Dudley, who was strolling along at his ease, humming tunelessly.

"Hey, Big D!" Dudley turned.

"Oh" he grunted. "It's you"

"How long have you been 'Big D' then?" 

"Shut it" snarled Dudley, turning away again. 

"Cool name" Harry said, grinning and falling into step beside his cousin. "But you'll always be Ickle Diddykins to me"

"Really was you just aiming for a fight with him" Hermione said looking at Harry.

"Pretty much" 

"I said, SHUT IT!" Dudley said, his ham-like hands had curled
into fists.

"Don't the boys know that's what your mum calls you?"

"Shut your face"

"You don't tell her to shut her face. What about 'popkin' and 'Dinky Diddydums,' can I use them then?" Dudley said nothing. The effort of keeping himself from hitting Harry seemed to be demanding all his self-control. "So who've you been beating up tonight?" Harry asked, his grin fading. "Another ten-year-old? I know you did Mark Evans two nights ago"

"They beat up a little kid?" Andromeda asked looking shocked as Harry nodded.

"He was asking for it" snarled Dudley.

"Oh yeah?" 

"He cheeked me."

"Yeah? Did he say you look like a pig that's been taught to walk on its hind legs? 'Cause that's not cheek, Dud, that's true" A muscle was twitching in Dudley's jaw. They turned right down the narrow alleyway which formed a shortcut between Magnolia Crescent and Wisteria Walk. It was empty and much darker than the streets it linked because there were no streetlamps. Their footsteps were muffled between garage walls on one side and a high fence on the other.