POA 14

Rorys sat with Harry, Ron and Hermione talking about Buckbeak when Hermione finally speaks.

"He sent me this," She holds out a letter. Harry took it from her. The parchment was damp, and enormous teardrops had smudged the ink so badly in places that it was very difficult to read.

Dear Hermione, We lost. I'm allowed to bring him back to Hogwarts. Execution date to be fixed. Beaky has enjoyed London. I won't forget all the help you and Rory gave us. Hagrid

"They can't do this," Harry spat out. "They can't. Buckbeak isn't dangerous."

"Malfoy's dad's frightened the Committee into it," Hermione said,  wiping her eyes. "You know what he's like. They're a bunch of doddery old fools, and they were scared. There'll be an appeal, though, there always is. Only I can't see any hope. Nothing will have changed."

"One thing might change" Rory says making them look at her.

"I know that look Rory, what are you planning" Harry looks at her concerned.

"That's her angry and upset look. Never a good combination" Harry tells everyone.

"Keep an eye on Draco Malfoy" She says standing up and leaving to find the twins. She finds them sat with Lee in the corner of the common room.

"Hello Rory. To what do we owe the pleasure" Fred says finally looking up at her "What happened"

"They know her so well" Euphemia said smiling at the screen sadly.

"Draco Malfoy happened. Buckbeak's going to be executed because of that ferret. So whatever you lot have planned aim it all at him please" They all nod as she walks off ending up at Remus's office.

"She went to Moony" Sirius said smiling at the two of them.

The door opens as she goes to knock revealing Snape about to leave.

"What are you doing here Potter" He snarls at her.

"Leave my daughter alone" James shouts glaring at Snape.

"Is that really any of your business. Am I knocking on your office door. No didn't think so"

"She told you" Sirius says smirking.

"You will watch that mouth of yours. Exactly like your father oh how I hoped you would of been more like your mother"

"That's just because you were in love with her and she didn't love you back" She spits out angrily. Remus appears behind him watching them.

"Detention Potter tomorrow evening. Do you want me to repeat that for you"

"Not really I ignored it perfectly fine the first time"

"Detention tomorrow"

"Yeah I won't be there just so you know in advance" He glares at her before leaving.

"That's my girl" James says smiling at her before noticing the look on her face. "What's wrong" She shakes her head before pulling her hood up, knowing what's coming next.

Remus opens his office door letting her in before closing the door behind them and opening his arms for her. She starts crying as he wraps his arms around her.

"Rory" James says pulling his daughter to him and hugging her tightly "You're allowed to cry, it doesn't make you weak"

"It's embarrassing though dad" She whispers.