DH 19

They caught hold of the elf's outstretched fingers. There was another loud crack, and Dobby, Rory, Luna, Dean, and Ollivander vanished.

"What was that?" shouted Lucius Malfoy from over their heads. "Did you hear that? What was that noise in the cellar?" Harry and Ron stared at each other. "Draco no, call Wormtail! Make him go and check!" Footsteps crossed the room overhead, then there was silence. 

"We're going to have to try and tackle him," he whispered to Ron. "Leave the lights on," Harry added, and as they heard someone descending the steps outside the door, they backed against the wall on either side of it. 

"Stand back," came Wormtail's voice. "Stand away from the door. I'm coming in." The door flew open. For a split second Wormtail gazed into the apparently empty cellar, ablaze with light from the three miniature suns floating in midair. Then Harry and Ron launched themselves upon him. Ron seized Wormtail's wand arm and forced it upwards. Harry slapped a hand to his mouth, muffling his voice. Silently they struggled, Wormtail's wand emitted sparks, his silver hand closed around Harry's throat.

"What is it, Wormtail?" called Lucius Malfoy from above. 

"Nothing!" Ron called back, in a passable imitation of Wormtail's wheezy voice. "All fine!" Harry could barely breathe.

"You're going to kill me?" Harry choked, attempting to prise off the metal fingers. "After I saved your life? You owe me, Wormtail!" The silver fingers slackened. Harry had not expected it, he wrenched himself free, astonished, keeping his hand over Wormtail's mouth. He saw the rat like man's small watery eyes widen with fear and surprise. He seemed just as shocked as Harry at what his hand had done, at the tiny, merciful impulse it had betrayed, and he continued to struggle more powerfully, as though to undo that moment of weakness.

"And we'll have that," whispered Ron, tugging Wormtail's wand from his other hand.
Wandless, helpless, Pettigrew's pupils dilated in terror. His eyes had slid from Harry's face to something else. His own silver fingers were moving inexorably toward his own throat.

"No" Without pausing to think, Harry tried to drag back the hand, but there was no stopping it. The silver tool that Voldemort had given his most cowardly servant had turned upon its disarmed and useless owner. Pettigrew was reaping his reward for his hesitation, his moment of pity, he was being strangled before their eyes. "No!" Ron had released Wormtail too, and together he and Harry tried to pull the crushing metal fingers from around Wormtail's throat, but it was no use. Pettigrew was turning blue.

A few people let out little screams as Peter watches himself dying with tears in his eyes.

"Relashio!" Ron said, pointing the wand at the silver hand, but nothing happened Pettigrew dropped to his knees, and at the same moment, Hermione gave a dreadful scream from overhead. Wormtail's eyes rolled upward in his purple face, he gave a last
twitch, and was still. Harry and Ron looked at each other, then leaving Wormtail's
body on the floor behind them, ran up the stairs and back into the shadowy passageway leading to the drawing room. 

"I deserved that especially after what I've done to your kids James" Peter says sending his friends a small smile.

"That's why we're doing this so we can change everything that happens Pete" Remus tells him as James and Sirius nod in agreement. 

Cautiously they crept along it until they reached the drawing room door, which was ajar. Now they had a clear view of Bellatrix looking down at Griphook, who was holding Gryffindor's sword in his long-fingered hands. Hermione was lying at Bellatrix's feet. She was barely stirring.