*CoS 3*

Filthy and bruised, Harry and Ron drag themselves up the steps. Behind them we see the mountain of student trunks and caged pets already brought up from the train.

"A house elf shows up in my bedroom, we can't get through the barrier to Platform Nine and Three Quarters, we almost get killed by a tree clearly someone doesn't want me here this year."

"Well, take a good look, lads" They stop. Filch stands at the top of the landing, his cat twitching her tail at his feet. "This night might well be the last you spend in this castle."

"Oh dear you're in trouble" Sirius says laughing slightly.

"Wait whys Rory being so quiet" James looks at his daughter and smiles when he notices she's fallen asleep on Remus's shoulder.

"You always was one of her comfort people Remus, guess even younger you has the same effect" Harry says smiling at his sister.

"Was?" James say's catching on to what Harry said.

"Yeah"

"How" James looks at Remus and smiles sadly.

"It was pretty recent for us, it's only been a few weeks. It's part of the reason we came back to try and fix it" They all look at each other sadly whilst Remus just looks down at Rory, a small smile on his face at still being able to bring her enough comfort for her to fall asleep on him.

Filch leads the two boys to Snapes office. Snape stands at his desk, newspaper in hand as Harry and Ron stare with dread. Filch lurks in the doorway, eyeing them with pleasure.

"You were seen! By no less then seven Muggles. Do you have any idea how serious this is? You have risked the exposure of our world. Not to mention the damage you inflicted on a Whomping Willow that has been on these grounds for hundreds of years."

"Honestly, Professor Snape, I think it did more damage to us." Ron tries to argue.

"Silence! I assure you, were you in Slytherin and your fate rested with me, the both of you would be on the train home tonight. As it
is"

"They are not." Harry and Ron turn. Dumbledore stands in the doorway. Alongside him is a distinctly annoyed Professor McGonagall.

"Dumbles" The Marauders and Prewitt twins shout waking Rory at the same time, who looks at Remus.

"Sorry" She mutters before sitting up properly.

"I don't mind" He whispers back, she smiles at him before looking at the screen.

"Professor Dumbledore. Professor McGonagall" Harry says looking at them.

"Headmaster, these boys have flouted the Decree for the Restriction of Underage Wizardry. As such"

"I'm well aware of our bylaws, Severus, having written more than a few myself. However, as Head of Gryffindor House, it is for Professor McGonagall to determine the appropriate action." Ron rises gloomily.

"We'll go and get our stuff."

"What are you talking about, Mr. Weasley?" McGonagall asks.

"Well, you're going to expel us, aren't you?"

"Not today, Mr. Weasley. But I must impress upon both of you the seriousness of what you have done. I will be sending owls to both of your families tonight. And you will each get a detention." Snape casts a look of pure venom at Harry and Ron.