HBP 17

Rory glances out of the window of the corridor she's in. There hanging in the sky above the school was the blazing green skull with a serpent tongue.

Rory looks at Charlie, fear in her eyes as he wraps his arms around her, pulling her into his lap.

"Look what we have here" She spins around to see him stood directly behind her. A big, rangy man with matted grey hair and whiskers, his voice a rasping bark. The strong smell of dirt, sweat, and blood coming from him. His filthy hands had long yellowish nails. his sharp teeth bared in a grin. He grabs my wand and throws it before she even has a chance to cast a spell. "Oh dear looks like someone already beat me to it" He looks down at the scar on her neck as she takes a step back. Rory hears footsteps running toward them.

Charlie buries his head in Rory's neck as he holds her tightly. Remus looks at the screen, horrified of that man being near his goddaughter.

"Get away from her" Remus shouts running towards them with Bill.

"What do we have here. If it isn't Remus Lupin"

"Get away from her Greyback" Greyback smirks at Remus, grabbing Rory before speaking.

"No, no not Greyback" James mutters looking between Remus and his daughter.

"She means something to you doesn't she. Is this your goddaughter Lupin, Aurora Potter. I mean we were told not to hurt her but what he doesn't know. Your love for her is what's going to kill her, how do you feel"

"Don't hurt her. This is between me and you not her. Let her go" Remus pleads.

"Oh begging, not going to work I'm afraid, not when there are throats to be ripped out. Delicious, delicious" he sinks his teeth into her neck and digs his claw like nails into her sides as she screams out in pain.

Lily looks at James, tears falling down her face as he hugs her. Charlies grip around Rory tightens.

Bill manages to pull him off of her whilst Remus catches her, slowly lowering her to the floor and placing a hand on her neck to stop the bleeding. Rory looks over at Bill and sees Greyback attack him as Bill falls to the ground his face covered in blood.

"No" Molly cries as she watches her son.

Using the last bit of her strength, Rory uses her powers to throw Greyback off of Bill before she starts to lose consciousness. She sees someone running to Bill as she closes her eyes.

"Rory stay awake. Rory come on baby I need you to keep your eyes open for me" Remus begs her as he picks her up and starts to run to the hospital wing "Rory keep your eyes open. Concentrate on me"

"Moony" She says barely a whisper "I'm so tired"

"No No No Rory come on please stay awake. You're going to be fine" he runs through a door placing her down and placing his hand back on her neck.

"Poppy" Tonks shouts as Rory looks up at Remus, struggling to stay awake.

"Come on wolf stay with me" He begs.

"I'm sorry Moony" She whispers as she finally gives in to the tiredness.

"Aurora" is the last thing she hears before everything goes black.

"How did he get in the school" Alice says, tears down her face. Draco looks at Rory before looking at the floor. Charlie holds Rory tight as she buries her face in his chest.