James and Rory

James sits on his bed in the boys dorm watching the Marauders Map.

"What you doing?" Remus asks as he walks out of the bathroom.

"Just checking on my kids, that still feels so weird to say"

"It certainly does. We need to make sure we fix the future James, those kids need to grow up in a better world than they have so far"

"I agree" James says his eyes watching Rory's name as she leaves the room she was staying in. He checks the time and see's its almost midnight. "I'll be back soon Moony" He says as he takes the map and invisibilty cloak, Remus nods understanding it's to do with one of James kids. James checks the map again and notices Rory is by the black lake so he hurries to get there. When he reaches the lake he see's the outline of his daughter sat, watching the water a small ball of fire sat on the ground in front of her. Slowly he walks towards her after pulling the cloak off.

"Hi dad" She says, sniffling slightly which is when James notices she's crying as he sits beside her.

"What's wrong?" James asks placing an arm around his daughter and pulling her into his side.

"Nothing important"

"You wouldn't be upset if it wasn't important" She looks at him quickly before looking down at her lap.

"Harry wasn't lying when he told you about the nightmare but he has no idea how much worse they've got. He thinks he understands because he sometimes gets them but he doesn't, no one does" James looks at her sadly.

"Tell me about them so I can help"

"I have nightmares about everything, every night dad. I see the werewolf attacks, I see the dark mark, I hear mums scream as she died, I see Moony's body lifeless and Fred's, I see Pad's die because I couldn't save him, I see the torture Bellatrix and Wormtail put me threw for 9 months and I'm expected to just act like it never happened until its shown in my memories because thats what Hermione decided would be best. I have to pretend I'm fine when I'm not" James looks at his daughter, horrified at just how much has happened to his little girl in her life that he wasn't there to stop. He pulls her to his chest and wraps his arms around her tightly.

"Its okay to not be fine Rory and I promise I will do everything in my power to stop all of that from ever happening to you. I am so proud of how strong you are sweetheart"