GOF 21

One of the issues with the aftermath of the second task was that everybody was very keen to hear details of what had happened down in the lake, which meant that Rory was getting to share Harry's limelight no matter how much she tried to avoid it. She started making Fred and George act like walls again so people left her alone. People had been teasing Hermione so much about being the thing that Viktor Krum would most miss that she was in a rather tetchy mood.

As they entered March the weather became drier, but cruel winds skinned their hands and face every time they went out onto the grounds making training for Rory awful. There were delays in the post because the owls kept being blown off course. Rory sent Sirius and Remus the date for the next Hogsmeade visit with Phoenix and she'd returned at breakfast on Friday morning with half her feathers sticking up the wrong way. Rory took the reply from her leg as she held it out before passing her some food from her plate.

Will meet you and Harry at the three broomsticks at 12

Love pads

She leans towards Harry passing him the note. He nods before going back to his breakfast.

"Rory's the only person that calls him Pads" Harry says smiling at his sister.

Later in the common room Rory enters noticing a very unhappy looking Hermione.

"You okay Hermione?" Rory asks taking a seat beside her.

"Not really" she hands her a copy of the magazine Witch Weekly. There was an article with a colour photograph of Harry headed a short piece entitled:

Harry Potter's Secret Heartache
A boy like no other, perhaps - yet a boy suffering all the usual pangs of adolescence, writes Rita Skeeter. Deprived of love since the tragic demise of his parents, fourteen-year-old Harry Potter
thought he had found solace in his steady girlfriend at Hogwarts, Muggle-born Hermione Granger. Little did he know that he would shortly be suffering yet another emotional blow in a life already littered with personal loss. Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to have a taste for famous wizards that Harry alone cannot satisfy. Since the arrival at Hogwarts of Viktor Krum, Bulgarian Seeker and hero of the last World Quidditch Cup, Miss Granger has been toying with both boys' affections. Krum, who is openly smitten with the devious Miss Granger, has already invited her to visit him in Bulgaria over the summer holidays, and insists that he has "never felt this way about any other girl." Maybe miss Granger takes inspiration from Mr Potters very own sister who despite her physical flaws after an encounter with a werewolf resulting in a horrible scratch on her neck seems to be seeing three different boys from the same family. Miss Potter was seen kissing a Mr Charles Weasley during the first task for which he had brought over the dragons before going to the ball with one of his twin brothers sources say it was Mr George Weasley and finally she was seen getting cozy with the oldest of the Weasley children Mr William Weasley after the second task. However, it might not be Miss Granger's doubtful natural charms that have captured these unfortunate boys' interest. "She's really ugly," says Pansy Parkinson, a pretty and vivacious fourth-year student, "but she'd be well up to making a Love Potion, she's quite brainy. I think that's how she's doing it. Probably learnt it from the uglier looking Potter" Love Potions are, of course, banned at Hogwarts, and no doubt Albus Dumbledore will want to investigate these claims. In the meantime, Harry Potter's well-wishers must hope that, next time, he bestows his heart on a worthier candidate.

"Skeeters dead" Sirius and James share a look before looking at Rory who's just looking at the floor whilst Remus wraps an arm around her, pulling her into his side.