DH 12

The door opens as Rory pressed herself against the wall. Wormtail walks over to her grabbing.

"No let me go" She tries and fight against him.

"Shut up" he says as he slaps her before dragging her out.

"No" Peter cries looking between his friends all of them refusing to look at him. Charlie wraps his arms around Rory as she buries her head in his neck. George looks at his best friend taking her hand in his and squeezing it to let her know he's there, she squeezes his back.

"Aww did she try putting up a fight again, maybe she's getting her spirit back" Bellatrix says her mouth pulled into a smile as Wormtail drops Rory to the ground in front of her. "I'm going to have so much fun with you today" she whispers in Rory's ear as she raises her wand "crucio" Rory falls to the floor but doesn't scream. "Oh does that not bother you anymore" she smiles before pulling out a knife and holding it to Rory's arm "Let's see how you feel after this, Wormtail hold her" Wormtail holds Rory down whilst she starts carving something into Rory's arm as she screams. She tries fighting against them but can't as Bellatrix continues to carve into her arm. Once she's done she brings the knife up near Rory's face "see that, that's your blood. Now where was your brother going the last time you spoke"

"What the hell happened to you Peter" Sirius asks unable to look at him as Peter buries his face in his hands.

"I don't know, but I'd rather die than do that to anyone" Peter whispers. Andromeda looks at Bellatix.

"What happened to you" Bellatrix looks down unable to meet her sisters eye for the first time actually ashamed at what she had done to another person.

"I don't know" Rory says her voice barely above a whisper.

"LIAR" she shouts as she runs the knife across Rory's cheek bone. "Put her back"

"Wha what did she carve into your arm" Sirius asks looking at Rory with tears running down his face, slowly Rory pulls her sleeve up to reveal the words that still refuse to heal. Everyone around her looks at the words 'Filthy Half Blood' as George lets out a small cry. Charlies grip around Rory tightens even more.

Early next morning, before the other two were awake, Harry left the tent to search the woods around them for the oldest, most gnarled, and resilient looking tree he could find. There in its shadow he buried Mad-Eye Moody's eye and marked the spot by gouging a small cross in the bark with his wand. Then he returned to the tent to wait for the others to wake, and discuss what they were going to do next. Harry and Hermione felt that it was best not to stay anywhere too long, and Ron agreed, with the sole proviso that their next move took them within reach of a bacon sandwich. 

"You and your food" George jokes slightly still looking at Rory.

Hermione removed the enchantments she had placed around the clearing, while Harry and Ron obliterated all the marks and impressions on the ground that might show that they had camped there. Then they Disapparated to the outskirts of a small market town. Once they had pitched the tent in the shelter of a small copse of trees and surrounded it with freshly cast defensive enchantments, Harry ventured out under the Invisibility Cloak to find sustenance. This, however, did not go as planned. He had barely entered the town when an unnatural chill, a descending mist, and a sudden darkening of the skies made him freeze where he stood.

"But you can make a brilliant Patronus!" protested Ron, when Harry arrived back at the tent empty-handed, out of breath, and mouthing the single word, dementors.

"I couldn't make one," he panted, clutching his side. "Wouldn't come." 

"So we still haven't got any food."