Rory's first few years

20th November 1977

"Look Lily, she's so beautiful" James says smiling at the newborn baby in Lily's arms. "Welcome to the world Rory" He sits beside Lily, a hand gently stroking Rorys head.

"She really is" Lily smiles down at her daughter. "I just hope we've managed to fix things so she doesn't grow up how she did last time James. I never want her to feel that pain again"

"I think we have, he has no supporters this time Lily" He smiles at his family.

"Remus is still being her godfather" Lily says looking at James.

"I agree. I loved their relationship so that was definitely the right choice"

"What about Marlene for her godmother?"

"I think she's perfect" James looks down at his daughter "I love you so much Rory" he says placing a kiss on her head as she yawns.

Remus meeting baby Rory

"Remus meet your goddaughter" James says as he carefully hands Rory to Remus.

"Really" He looks between James and Lily shocked as they nod at him both smiling. Remus looks down at Rory sleeping in his arms "She's beautiful Lily" He smiles down at her as he gently rocks her.

Sirius meeting baby Rory

"Padfoot" James calls as he goes out to the waiting room.

"Can I finally meet her" Sirius says jumping to his feet excitedly.

"Yeah come on" Sirius follows James into the room where Lily was sat holding Rory. James gently takes his daughter from Lily. "Rory meet your Uncle Padfoot" he says quietly handing her to Sirius.

"Oh my, she's so gorgeous" Sirius whispers, tears in his eyes. James and Lily smile at him as he continues to whisper things to Rory. "Hey Little Wolf, I'm your Uncle Padfoot but you can call me Pad's" 

Early 1978

James was sat in Rory's nursery in the rocking chair holding her in his arms as she sleeps whilst he hums to her. 

"You ever going to put her down?" Lily asks from the doorway.

"Not if I can help it I'm not" He smiles down at Rory before he starts humming again whilst Lily smiles and leaves the room.

20th November 1978

"Moomoo" A one year old Rory shouts as she walks over to Remus.

"Hello little wolf and happy birthday darling" He says scooping her up making her giggle.

"Hello Remus" Lily greets him as she walks over. He hands her the present for Rory.

"Hey Lil"

"Sirius, Reggie and Peter are in the kitchen with James doing who knows what" She smiles as she places a quick kiss on Rory's cheek before walking off. Remus heads to the kitchen still holding Rory.

"Dada" Rory says as she spots James. James smiles as Remus hands him his daughter.

"Hello Wolf" He kisses her cheek making her giggle before she snuggles into his shoulder.

"How the hell is she one already" Sirius pouts looking at Rory.

"You're telling me. I don't want her to grow up" James sulks.

"Yeah but just think you get that wonderful girl you met a couple of years ago when she does" Remus says smiling at him.

"Yeah she was pretty great and I can't wait to see my little Rory become her" Marlene walks in with Lily and Alice.

"Wheres my favourite goddaughter"

"Mar she's your only goddaughter" Alice says smiling and shaking her head. Rorys head snaps up looking at Marlene.

"Marmar" She says reaching for her.

"Suck it James she doesn't want you anymore she wants her auntie Mar Mar" Marlene says taking Rory from him.

"It's not a competition but if it was Remus wins hands down" Lily says smiling at them.

"Let's test it" Sirius says smirking at the others. Marlene hands Rory to Lily as she and the boys all spread out.

"No one's allowed to call her name or say anything, we've just got to crouch down with our arms open" James tells the others. Once they're all in position Lily puts Rory down and she heads straight for Remus.

"Damn it" the others all say in unison.

"I told you Remus is her favourite person"

31st July 1980

"We did it James" Whispers looking at her newborn son whilst her daughter sleeps in James' arms.

"We did. They're going to grow up with us this time" James smiles down at his 2 year old daughter asleep in his arms.

1982

"Daddy" A 5 year old Rory shouts as she runs down the stairs.

"What's the matter?" He runs to her.

"Can we go see Fred and George" He smiles at her.

"I'm sure we can just let me check it's okay with Molly first" Rory runs back up to her bedroom whilst James asks Molly. "Wolf" he calls up the stairs.

"Yes daddy"

"Molly said its fine, come on" She runs down the stairs jumping down the last few as James catches her. He heads to the fireplace still holding Rory and floos to the Weasleys. "Hi ya Molly" James greats Molly as they arrive.

"The boys are in the garden Rory. Why don't you go find them"

"Okay" She says as James puts her down. She runs out the back door as the twins spot her.

"RORY" They both jump on her as they all fall to the floor laughing. Bill and Charlie watch them smiling whilst Percy tuts in disapproval.

"Hello Rory" Bill says walking over to her.

"Bill" She says excitedly hugging him before she sees Charlie who she smiles at.

"Come on Rory let's go play" Fred says grabbing Rory's hand and pulling her away.  

1983

"Uncle Padfoot" Rory shouts as she jumps off the sofa making him catch her.

"Hello little wolf" he says placing a kiss on her cheek before going to find James, still holding Rory. "Hello Prongs and mini prongs" he says as he gently ruffles Harry's hair.

"Hello Padfoot. I see you found my little trouble maker" James smiles at Rory.

"You're not a trouble maker are you little wolf, you're an angel" Sirius says smirking. 

"She may be an angel to you Padfoot but she definitely isn't to us" 

"Well Prong's you knew what you were getting yourself into with this one" He tickles Rory "You watched those memories and saw she was trouble and to make it worse on yourself you introduced her to Fred and George 11 years earlier than she would have met them" 

"To see my baby girl smile it was worth it"