10: Good News

Addison POV:

"So then Charlotte said "I ain't runnin you three all the way up to the bathtub just so y'all can draw on each other again," Cooper animated while we all sat around the kitchen table before our appointments started. "So then guess- what- happened? Georgia charged at me with the markers. And of course that starts a chain reaction because those triplets are like the three musketeers. So then Caroline gets the bright idea to come at me with PAINT, while my wife just stands there snapping pictures!" he exclaimed.

"Oh the dramatics," Charlotte rolled her eyes. "Can't some girls have a little fun once in a while."

"Oh Coop, I need to see those pics," Violet laughed.

"Nope," Cooper snapped back. "Those pictures shall not see the light of day or you get no sex for a week!" He said, pointing at Charlotte.

"Man Child!" Charlotte exclaimed. "That would be more of a punishment for you than for me!"

I couldn't help but laugh.

Our whimsical storytelling was interrupted by the all too familiar buzzing of my cell phone. I smiled, stepping out of the room to answer. My heart rate immediately quickened when I read the caller ID.

Joanna.

It was indeed Wednesday. Maybe this was really it.

"Hello, Addison Montgomery speaking," I said, picking up the phone.

"Hi Addison, It's Joanna. I have good news," she said. My heart felt like it would fly out of my chest. "So, since you have already finished all of your paperwork, Clara and I finalized the foster placement with the social workers yesterday afternoon." She paused for a moment.

"Congratulations Addison. I will bring Clara by at 6:00 p.m. tomorrow to move her things in."

"Thank you so, so much Joanna. See you tomorrow," I said, hanging up the phone.

I dropped my arm to my side, and allowed myself to breathe for a moment. Clara's moving in with me. I'm going to be a parent. I'm going to be her parent. I'm finally going to be a mom.

I felt a small tear run down my cheek, but I quickly wiped it away as I walked back into the kitchen, a relieved smile on my face.

"Ehm," I cleared my throat as I walked into the room, breaking their chatter. I was thrilled to finally tell them all about her. I first looked at Charlotte, Violet, and Amy, which was easy as they were all sitting next to each other. "That was Joanna. The foster placement has been finalized and she's moving in tomorrow evening," I smiled, Amy immediately jumping up to hold me into a strong embrace.

Amy didn't try to hold back. Her tears immediately started flowing.

"It's just a foster placement. Still- nothing is final," I reminded her, still smiling.

"Addie," she simply said, looking up at me with teary eyes.

"So, I have something I'd like to- well officially- tell you all," I said, turning to face the group.

"I am becoming a foster parent. Tomorrow. Her name is Clara, and she's brilliant, and artistic, and sweet. And I hope that I can be her mom one day," I said smiling.

"Yea Addie!" Cooper exclaimed.

"That's amazing, Addison," Violet smiled.

"Thanks guys," I smiled back.

Clara POV:

I felt all my thoughts calm as I focused on painting all of the colors of the sunset. Sunsets were becoming one of my favorite things to paint. I loved all of the clouds, the pinks, the oranges, and yellows.