44: Marigolds and Roses

Addison POV:

"Oh, Callie, you look beautiful," I smiled as I zipped up her deep rose dress.

Callie did not reply, simply looking over her shoulder and smiling slowly.

"This is like my redo for your wedding," I laughed. "I can't believe I missed it!" I said, remembering how frustrated I was when I was called into a major surgery the day of my flight.

"Addie, when are you gonna stop blaming yourself for that?" she laughed.

"I don't know," I responded. "Today, I suppose."

"Where's Arizona?" Clara chimed in. "Why isn't she getting ready with us?"

"Oh!" Callie smiled, "Arizona is in the guest room with Amy. We don't want to see each other before the ceremony. That way, it's extra special when we do. You can go say hi if you want! Sofia is with her too."

"Okay," she smiled, looking up at me.

"Five minutes," I winked, still wanting to spend time with Callie.

Callie was the first person whom I would consider a friend to me during my time at Grey Sloan. While everyone was out plotting my demise for the great love story of Meredith and Derek, Callie saw me for me. She sat with me during my toughest moments. One of which, being in that hallway after Meredith's accident at the Harbor. That remains one of the scariest days of my life, and I can't imagine what my life would be like today if that day had gone any differently. But, Callie got me through that day, as well as many days to come. I owed her this.

"Have you seen her dress yet?" I asked.

"No," she smiled. "I don't even know what color it is, but Sofia insisted they went well together."

"And how much do we trust Sofia to give fashion advice?" I inquired seriously.

"Oh, a lot!" She replied. "I swear if she didn't want to become a trauma surgeon so bad a designer would be next on her list. She can spend hours watching Project Runway reruns if I let her."

"Good for her," I smiled. "Always good to have a passion."

"Yeah, especially for little Picasso over there," Callie winked, turning to smile at Clara to ensure that she was still a part of the conversation.

Even though Arizona was the peds surgeon, Callie was excellent with all kids: not just Sofia. That is evident from the first time you meet her. She just has a drawing energy about her that makes it hard to distrust her intentions.

Clara smiled back at Callie, before giving her a hug and clinging on to my leg.

"Do you want to go check in on Arizona now?" I winked.

"Yes!" She said happily.

"Alright," I replied. "We will see you in the garden," I smiled.

We exited the room, and walked down the hall to the guest in which Amy and Sofia were working steadily at getting Arizona ready. I walked into the room to be met with a big hug from Sofia, and the sounds of soft music surrounding me. One of Arizona's favorite artists was Dodie, so it seemed fitting that her playlist for today had many of her songs.

"Hi sweetpea!" I said, returning Sofia's hug. "

"Hi Auntie Addie," she replied, releasing my waist.

Sofia was getting much taller, so that while Clara still hugged my legs, Sofia met me on a more even level. She was definitely above average for a nine year old.

"Oh, Arizona you look gorgeous," I said, walking over to Arizona's shoulder while the two children caught up. She wore her hair loosely braided down her back overlaying her bright yellow satin dress.