42: Starry Night Pt. 2

Cora POV:

"Hey Cora! How was school?" Addison asked as I slipped into the passenger seat of the car.

"Uhm, it was good," I responded. "We're in our human anatomy unit in bio so that was exciting," I added, trying to sound more convincing.

"Oh!" She smiled, looking over. "How are you liking it?"

"I like it a lot," I responded sincerely. "Ever since I started living with you and having all these appointments to go to, it's become a lot more interesting."

"I'm so glad. Well, if you guys are ever looking for a speaker I'd love to come in," she said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Of course! I miss teaching. I worked at a teaching hospital back in Seattle, but our program isn't nearly as big at St. Ambrose," she said.

"Yea, okay," I smiled softly. "I'll ask Ms. Nelson."

"Sounds like a plan! Oh, also remember Callie and Arizona are coming over tonight. Mer and I are going out," she added.

"Oh," I said, a bit disappointed. "Okay," I added, putting my smile back on. "What time do you think you'll be home?"

"Oh, not too late," she replied, allowing me to relax a bit. "Our reservations are at 7:00. We might go for a walk after but all in all I think we should be back here around 9:30."

"Okay," I smiled, looking out the window. "Uhm, so I was wondering if maybe I could... talk to you about something tonight? Just the two of us?" I asked shyly.

"Of course, honey," she replied, sounding a bit concerned. "Is there something wrong?"

"No, no nothings wrong," I assured. "I just have a few things stuck on my mind."

"Okay," she answered.

Addison POV:

I can't help but imagine all the possibilities of what Cora might need to talk to me about. She assured me that everything was fine, but honestly, I'm not so sure. I've noticed she's been a bit distant lately.

I picked Clara up from school, excited to see that she had a good day. Since she's moved classes, I've seen her become much more confident in who she's becoming. I didn't notice that she'd been holding back parts of herself until they were revealed. I wonder if Cora holds back too. I would bet on yes, which I'd do anything to change. I want to know her, and love all of her.

At around 5:00 p.m, I headed upstairs to get ready as Cora was helping Clara with her math. I walked in the bedroom to find Mer already in her royal blue dress as she worked on curling her hair.

"Hi," I said softly to her.

"Hi," she replied, smirking slightly. "10 years ago I never thought I'd see Addison Montgomery all shy."

"I am not shy," I defended.

"It's cute," she replied.

"I don't want to be cute," I pouted.

"Too bad," she sighed.

I headed to my closet and shuffled through my dresses. My eyes were immediately caught by the long black cocktail dress in the back of the rack, complete with a sizable keyhole cutout in the front. I slipped into the closet as to be out of sight, and eagerly pulled on the dress and a matching pair of 4" heals. I then opened the closet door and walked out to approach Mer from behind.

"Still just cute?" I smirked.

"No," she said simply, staring at my lips. "You look perfect," she whispered into my ear.