11: Finally Home

Clara POV:

As I stared out the window, I felt the car begin to slow as we rolled into the driveway of the house that would now be where I live. I could hear Joanna and Cora talking to each other in the front seat, but I didn't pay much attention. For the first time in a while, I could feel that this was a good thing. I think this is all good- moving in with Addison. I mean- It's Addison. I love her.

It's too fast. It's fostering- it might not be forever.

But I can't help it. Addison makes me feel loved. She makes me feel safe.

"Alright, you ready Clara?" Joanna asked, unbuckling her seatbelt.

"Yea," I smiled, doing the same and opening the door.

"This is quite the house Clara," Cora laughed. "It'll be wonderful," she smiled. Cora had decided to come with us so that she could help me unpack my things and say goodbye, so this was the first time she would be seeing the house.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the front door to the house swing open, Addison stepping outside onto the steps. She wore a gentle smile on her face, as well as a pink blouse and black pants. Addison always looked professional.

I walked up to the steps, and Addison wrapped me into a tight hug. I didn't expect it, but I felt a single tear run down my cheek. I guess I just couldn't believe that I got so lucky; that this was actually happening.

Joanna and Cora followed up the steps behind me carrying bags in their hands. They already had most all of them in their hands, as I didn't have a whole lot.

"Hi Cora, It's nice to see you again," Addison greeted, stepping back and prompting us to come inside.

"You too," Cora smiled, glancing around the house as she walked inside.

"We can just set the bags down at the steps for now," Addison added. "Do you need anything to drink?"

"No thank you," Joanna replied.

"I'll have some water please," Cora said.

"Me too," I smiled up at her, once again thinking about how much I'm going to miss my big sister.

"Of course," Addison replied, walking into the kitchen.

Cora and I went to sit down on the couch. After she sat down, she wrapped her arm around my shoulders.

"You're gonna visit me, right?" Cora asked me.

I was a little surprised by the question. I wasn't sure how much she would actually be missing me. I didn't think it would be as much as I would be missing her.

"Of course," I hugged her. "Addison told me that we can go see you whenever I want."

"Good," she smiled. "I'm gonna miss you little bug."

We were interrupted as Addison and Joanna came into the living room with our waters.

"Thank you," we both said.

"Of course," Addison smiled, with no teeth showing as usual.

"Clara, come show me where your room is and we can start bringing your bags upstairs. I have to get back to the rest of the kids soon," Joanna smiled sadly.

"Alright," I said standing up and walking over to the stairwell.

Addison POV:

Joanna followed Clara up the stairs, so it was just Cora and I on the couch. I was about to follow them, when Cora stopped me.