21: Mother Dearest

Addison POV:

Why? Why does Bizzy want to see me now out of all the times she could have? Of course, I couldn't exactly tell her no. Well, I could. But I haven't exactly worked myself up to that level of confidence yet with my mom. I still feel the need to please her, even though she will do nothing but criticize me. I may be trapped in this vicious cycle forever.

After I mentioned that I have a daughter now, Bizzy didn't exactly take well to it. Of course, she still wants to come and see her. Lucky me!

// "I have a daughter."

"I'm sorry? Since when," she scoffed into the phone.

"Since a little over a month ago," I replied, once again feeling like a scolded child.

"Who's the father?"

"What?"

"Who is the father?" She insisted.

"I don't know!"

"I didn't raise you to be a whore. God knows you already cheated once!"

"Wow mom. I adopted Clara, but thanks. Call your own daughter a whore. She's eight years old, and she's wonderful. I love her more than anything. Way to start off on a good foot," I replied, annoyed and discouraged.

"Well, you're the one who didn't reach out. The phone works both ways."

"Whatever mom," I responded. "So you're coming Saturday?"

"Yes, and I expect to meet Clara."

"Of course you do," I scoffed. "Sure Bizzy. If you can treat her with respect you can see her. She's been through enough crap already." \\

Sometimes I just feel like I can't catch a break. Well anyhow, she'll be here in a few hours. Luckily she'll be staying at a hotel, so at least I won't have to host her overnight. Just for the day. Amy and Mer came over last night to help me clean up. Safe to say, they were just as thrilled about her coming into town as I was.

I explained the situation to Clara. Well, not the whole story. Just that my mother was coming into town and she would be coming over. I made sure to tell her to call her whatever she wanted, because I already knew Bizzy would want her to call her grandma. That would not be happening. I barely consider that woman my mom.

Time to prepare myself I guess.

*

At around noon, the doorbell finally rang. I begrudgingly stood up from where I sat on the couch next to Clara to go answer the door.

"Hello Addison," Bizzy said, wrapping me in a tense hug as she walked right in the door.

"Hi Mom," I replied, pulling away from the hug.

She immediately started walking through the house, leaving little time to let Clara prepare herself for meeting her. Typical Bizzy: Just walking through my house like she owns the place.

"Can I get you anything to drink mom? You must be tired from traveling," I offered, trying to be polite.

"Cabernet please," she said with a pause in her steps, only to continue walking into the living room.

I abandoned the drinks to follow her, not wanting Clara to have to be introduced alone. When we arrived in the living room, Clara was already standing up and ready to shake her hand. While it was cute, I knew she was doing it out of habit. Sometimes I wish I could've taken her in before the world got to her. Before she had to grow up at the age of eight. Back to when she could just be a child.