19 ~ God bless me !

"What the fuck are doing here!?" she screamed literally making horror faces.

Ashi had a mop in her hand was cleaning the floor where there was all water and eggs fallen. I cringed looking at the mess. Her index finger i guess got a cut and the white tape she wrapped around it was all red. The clock ticking 8.10.

"Couldn't you wait out!?" she looked more cringed than me.

"It's been fifteen minutes I'm here" I stated calmly.

"I'll help you to clean this"

She quickly replied or you can say screamed.
"NOoooooo get out, go to office and handle work, I'm not going anywhere today, it will take time to finish this off."

"Okay so let's do this quickly" bending down i started to collect large egg shells

"TAAANzzeeelllllll what are you doing!!?" I didn't looked at her and continued cleaning

"Radha will feel good if she sees you" I knew this trick will work and it worked but after 10 minutes when she was done glaring.

After picking the egg pieces i took the mop from her and giving me a death glare muttering an 'idiot' she sat on a chair and i continued moping, only few minutes then we'll leave. "You do all the house chores?" i asked her.

"Yes because i want privacy not someone to barge in my house and rule it" she muttered.

Did she cleaned this whole house alone? She gets time? When? As if she heard me she replied "I call someone in a month for house cleaning" Ohh okay.

Finishing off i kept the mop to dry at the kitchen's balcony.

"How did it happened?" I asked now wiping the tiles of gas.

"I was making freakin eggs and the tray slipped from my hand, for the last 2 hour i was cleaning it and you did it in 1." I grinned

"I live alone ya" As the words left my mouth i regretted because she knows i have a family. I looked at her, confusingly she stared back.

Quickly changing the subject "Well, i am making eggs for you" it slipped from my mouth as i knew it will make her go mad.

"NOOooOoo we will eat out I'll get ready and we will leave." I was not at all in the mood of outside food.

The ingredients were already there so i started flipping things.

"Homemade food is healthy mam, i am too pro in these all. "

She pulled the chair near me and sat staring me.

" Why you live alone? " WoW. There is a reason people call her smart af.

'My family lives in India, mom yesterday called me assuming my sister. She recently came with her children for a visit." I felt so guilty lying to her. But i didn't had any option.

" Ohhh," I made scrambled eggs and decorated it in the plate sprinkled some spring onion and handed her.

" Ohemge, i can't believe you're here making food "she said.

I grinned "heeheee tell how it is !" she tried to eat it but she hissed in pain because of that scar.

I took the plate from her to cut it into pieces "How you got hurt?"

"The white shell literally cut my finger like a fuckin blade" she muttered looking at it. I handed her plate.

Chewing she said, "Wow tanzeel this is amazing" she brought a spoon near my mouth "It's too good" she added.

Opening my mouth I ate it. She didn't even realize she just fed me. I knew she isn't what she shows. Btw it was indeed fkin delicious. "Yess, how many will you eat?"

My eyes fallen on a sticky note inside the cupboard.

                       'MOM'S BDAY 2023'

1.] Scrambled eggs bcoz it's our fav breakfast.
2.] Pancakes bcoz we wanted to have it once !
3.] Indian cheese sandwich bcoz i miss your tiffins!
4.] Chocolate cakes of refined wheat flour because that's the only cake we ever ate together :)
5.] Dal and rice with our fav potato fries.
6.] Strawberry ice cream bcoz we both loved but couldn't afford much.

                                             Love you mom
                                                 Miss you ♡

"You make your mom's fav dishes on this day?" i asked her.

"Yes. It makes me feel good. I am feared one day I might forget her it's been years, like many years. Every year i make something which we both had memory of. " she added "A year back i adopted a dog bcoz she loved them, but i couldn't handle it so i returned it"

"You loved your mom" she nodded a yes still with that neutral face. She didn't smiled nor a sa sad face

"Was your mom from New York?" i served her again cutting in into small pieces and made one for myself.

"No" taking a bite she continued "I came here with my uncle when i was 13 after mom passed away". Sitting on the kitchen stand i ate mine.

"How you ended here?" she asked and i wanted to throw up. "aahhh it's just.." her phone ringed and she received it excusing herself. I planned to change the subject as soon as she returned i asked,

"You never told me your age?" Asking girls, their age was a crime but oh i love crimes.

"28, I can't believe I'm this old already." Sighing she continued "It's been a big road".

This side of Ashi was so soft, this felt so different as if she is giving me space in her heart. Someone said true,
'Sex isn't what brings you close, revealing your soul, your dreams, your truth, your heart, your insecurities, your fear, and you brain brings you close.

"I'm too 28 " i replied grinning, I thought she might be older than me. "You have really setting an inspiration to people out there." i added thinking it might light her mood.

"Hmmm... that's the reason i hate failing. I just hate failure. Winning is in my bloods."

That's a completely unhealthy obsession but not the right moment to explain that.

"So if you had planned this all dishes why you decided to go out?"

"Because you.. .." biting her tongue she paused and continued "Actually i was going to call you to cancel the plan but my finger got hurt."

Ohhh "So weren't breaking the tradition, i will help you to make these all" I said grinning.

"Nooo it's fine I'll make these tomorrow, we will go out today"

Why should she spoil her day when I'm here. I continued "We will make Pancakes as brunch, then we will make Sandwich for lunch, then Cake with your evening coffee, for dinner dal and rice with fries and later ice cream."

If she says no it's fine. We'll go out. Also I'm not that smart at cooking. But I'll definitely feel sad if she didn't did what she likes. Already she has been through a big thing. Yesterday when she said my mom passed away. My emotions swirled and few memories of with mom came in front of me. I knew she wouldn't appreciate my pity and sorry face so I took it as a no big deal. As i wanted everyone to react i did the same with her.

When i looked at her she very slowly dazed nodded in a yes I removed the fourth scrambled egg from pan cutting it to serve her, hoping this day goes without any trouble or mess.

God bless me