20 ~ Grateful !

Ewww idk guys, this is feeling quite stretchy and sooooo stretchy and boring. If you feel like it stop reading :) or you can just skip this. Idk will i write their every dish making scene or just end it. Oh goddd I'm regretting now writing that part :( but nvm I'll figure out, the next parts won't be this boring fs :)

Ak's pov :

My phone started ringing loudly, opening my eyes and muttering obscenities i saw the name it was Uncle. Nooo, talking with him right now isn't good. I know what he'll say. I quickly typed a message 'Busy. call you later.'

Going under my cozy blankets i looked up at ceiling. The house was weirdly silent. Did he slept or what in the kitchen? When i make food all the vessel do competition of who'll make the loudest noise.

I didn't slept the whole night yesterday I was so immersed in tanzeel and whenever i closed eyes only he came, his eyes, his jawline, that sick grin, those  lips, oh god i slept at 5 am and woke at 7 ! We wanted to leave at 7.45 so i knew i have time, atleast i can make breakfast. But my luck is so wonderful that the whole egg tray fallen, it didn't stop till that, the shell cut my finger. I was fuming with anger and regretting not keeping a maid. I quickly tried to clean everything and guess who came at my kitchen door.

Tanzeel. fuckin. Khan.

He literally saw my house!! He came through my stairs and watching my flowers! Also thank god he didn't entered the house with his sandals, i would have killed him. The Indian-ness in me will never leave me. After 10 minutes of shouting at him, he finally caved me in to let him clean the place while i settled on the table.

He had this cool face and as if he just didn't barged into My house. and didn't see me in these homeless clothes. Well i am grateful to my luck atleast i wasn't wearing shorts and crop top. I again cursed it as he said he was making me eggs. Looking at him standing in my kitchen making eggs for me was a mood changer scene.

I hissed when the spoon hurt me at the cut, taking the plate he divided it into pieces. My heart literally screamed when he handed me the plate.
He saw the mom's dishes thing and ohhh goddd i felt so embarrassed, Till yesterday i didn't cared what someone think about me, I wanted to do what i do. But the moment i saw him checking the list, i wonder what he thought about me. Crazy? Psycho? Naive? Fool?. i explained him that i do it as a memory, (why? i don't know.) and i was feared he might laugh and joke, but he said 'You loved your mom'.

I tried to held my posture, i didn't knew he'll say that. I loved my mom like humans love water. It sometimes ache that i don't have much about her. I had a photo of her and us, the small me holding her neck from behind with a huge grin, in my bedroom but keeping that there now, was not the same now. I had to let go of every thing which reminded me of my past.

My thoughts stopped when Tanzeel asked something about my mom and i just started flowing like a wind, the words coming out very easily liking to go into his ears. Uncle called me in mid and excusing myself i went to answer, he very cunningly guessed someone is in the house and started teasing me by Tanzeel's name. WOW. Muttering him a 'stop it uncle I'll call you later' i returned.

He asked me why i agreed to go out when i had a plan i almost said because of you.

The dishes thing had slipped from my mind I didn't wanted to call him and say to cancel the plan. So i decided I'll make this all tomorrow and go out today. Throwing a excuse i saved further embarrassment, later eating my 4th plate he told me to go and rest, He won't tell me what i have to do, I did what he said but that's the other thing but he can't.

So here i am now getting up almost after 2 hours. Throwing my blankets, getting freshened i slowly climbed down to se- ohhh my goodness to see pancakes designed on the table. There was chocolate, honey, sugar powder kept in bowls. I looked at him surprisingly and he grinned leaning on dinning table.

"It's all ready." The smile which was creeping was the signal to grit my teeth.  Ignoring him i sat on my chair and cut it, and oh my god dam! I never ate such pancakes in my life. I scoffed swallowing. "Be honest from where you ordered this?" I asked him adding chocolate to one.

"Naahh i made myself". I can’t believe this. I opened the vessel and served him one. We both together ate and exclaimed 'Wow'. He laughed loudly, the same laugh, his eyes glowing and smile so shinning, that the rays came under my gritted teeth, opened my mouth and made me laugh. I didn't recall when i laughed like this, it's been ages?. He looked at me with those black eyes as if i will vanish. Grinning i continued eating ignoring the holes Tanzeel's stares were making.

"Did you completed the Sion case?" I asked him.

"No, he says he don't want big restrooms, he want small and remaining space for a cabin."

I frowned "How many cabin he is even going to build, god knows". i added '
"send him a meeting request if he is free." I finished my 3rd pancake which made me feel like i ate 10.

"Now?" he asked confused.

I nodded "yes, we both are free, we can work on it and solve it."

After 3 we were done by the meeting finally making understand big restrooms are more better than making a cabin there. It qas 3pm when we closed the laptop.

"I'll make sandwich while you rest." I nodded a no and stated "I'll join you" ignoring him i left for kitchen.

Removing potatoes form a corner i boiled it and started cutting onions, i handed him breads to put butter.

"So, how did you started Ak company?" NO. PLS.

"Were you worked before coming here?" i asked him ignoring the question.

"ahh.. just small works nothing big." okay removing the potatoes i starts frying them adding a spices and onions.

"Why don't you have any pictures of yours or ahhh.. your mom?" God i hate you remember.

"Tanzeel were you a therapist or something?" he grinned ear to ear.

"No, i love to behave like a therapist" he laughed and continued "It feels good to throw sunshine and positiveness out, it even makes me feel good." he said lost, i wonder what made him like this.

" Life isn't easy mam, but god made you stronger to test you, so he can give you more than you deserve."

I let that sink in my mind, it's true god gave me more than i deserved. I have an empire, People behave as I'm a big celebrity, got a huge fame. have a myself made dam orphanage, also planning to plant more in different countries. I have talented employees, so much of money i can't even believe.

The thirteen year old me will scoff if i tell her you'll get all this. She just wanted her mom a house and two time food. My heart cried remembering the old days.

The only thing god is yet to give me are people. Which i am straightaway going to decline because, people = drama = life problems =headaches = stress = holidays = less projects = Failures. I hope he don't give me people.

"hmm, it's ture, he did really gave me things i didn't even expected" i said scoffing. Putting a layer of the matter on the bread i put it in a toast fryer.

We didn't talked much later, weirdly the silence was comfortable, speaking so many words. My silence was screaming 'I am grateful you're here', and his screamed, well sorry i don't know. Making more few sandwiches we settled on dinning table.