34

Shen Wei's new life going smoothly. His new apartment is loaded with Yunlans stuff. Yunlan is a maximalist. Wei is running out of storage space. He didn't have much time to organize and Yunlan isn't much help. Soon, he might need a cleaning lady.

The summer vacation is coming, students are planning for the holidays. Shen Wei wish he could also go on a vacation, but he thinks Yunlan couldn't manage a leave, the corporate culture didn't give you long break after all. Yet Yunlan came with a trip plan, in the opposite part of the country. Sometime Wei thought Yunlan could read minds.

Yunlan should know, this would come. His mother called him for another blind date. It's almost a year, his family didn't talk about his marriage. Shen didn't blame, they did what they should have. Shen Wei only sad. And Yunlan don't care, does he even care about anything?

One evening before their tour Yunlan grabbed Shen Wei and hopped onto the train, after a three hour long journey they reached the beautiful small town. It rained minutes before, the town was wet. At the last moment Wei got the destination. It was Yunlans home. His mother greeted them. Yunlan dropped the bomb, "Meet my boyfriend." The woman was not a grumpy old lady rather a decent modern woman. She looked so young if Yunlan told Wei it's his older sister Wei believe it without doubt. The information is so sudden that his mother became paralyzed as if she loses control of her limbs. She grabbed Yunlan for support and dragged him to the kitchen. Wei left alone. He looked at the coffee table, watched the detail of the corner, two scratch mark hid under the polish. If not, he fights with his anxiety, he might not find the hidden mark.