𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

..:*°..:*°..:*°..:*°

» [I Smile - DAY6] «
0:56 ────── 3:47
◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹

..:*°..:*°..:*°..:*°

╰┈*ੈ‧₊˚Another One?! ‧₊˚

Rei walked towards the front gate and mentally prepared herself. 'You can do this, Rei! It's for the sake of Keiko!'

The front yard was empty, which calmed her nerves ever so slightly. How would you answer if your child came up to you and asked what you were holding?

She sighed and took a deep breath. It was now or never. This might be the one chance she'll ever get to save a child.

"Enji, can I talk to you about something please? It's important." Rei called throughout the house as she stepped in through the front door.

A little bush of red and white hair suddenly appeared out of nowhere to greet his mother, which caused her quite a fright and caused her to almost drop the baby.

"Mom! Mom! Mom! Dad says my quirk's improving! Look at this!" Touya ran to his mother with a grin and excitedly showed her how his hand bursts into flames. He then makes it bigger, then smaller, then big again and then it vanished into smoke.

"Good job, Touya! Why don't you give me a hand, please? The green bag has the cupboard items while the black square one has the fridge items." She praised while handing him the grocery bags.

"Okay! But Mom, what is that in your arms?" Touya asked his mother first taking the bags from her, which made him stumble as they were heavier than he expected and then pointed to the bundle against her chest.

"That's a secret, my sweetie pie. Now run along and get your siblings to help you pack out." Rei squished his cheek with her unoccupied hand as she spoke.

She then slowly made her way to Endeavor's home office. After knocking on the door twice, she was called in.

"What can I help you with, Rei? I'm quite busy at the moment." Endeavor stated without looking up at her and kept on reading the papers in front of him.

"I found a baby in an alley as I was coming back from the store, and I couldn't just leave her. Can we adopt her, please Enji? I already love her like she's my own child. Please?" Rei begged while holding the baby girl closer.

"And what good does it give me if I agree?" Endeavor looks up at Rei and makes eye contact with her and then looks down at the infant in his wife's arms.

"We don't know what quirk she'll have, so I don't know. But I don't care what you say, I will keep her." Rei said firmly.

"Fine, as long as you care for her, I don't care." Enji sighed and continued his work. "I'll go to home affairs tomorrow and register her as a family member. Go on now and let me do my work."

Rei smiled a soft smile and bowed to greet him. She then walked out of the study to the living room where a fire was lit in the fireplace. She sat down a bit back but still close to the fireplace that's providing warmth to the whole house. Touya came in and sat next to his mother.

"Can I now know what it is, Mom?" Touya curiously asked.

"Okay. So, I found a baby girl in the alleyway, and I went to ask your father if we can add her to the family. He said that he'll sort the documents out later. So, say hi to your little sister, Keiko." Rei informed him, holding the baby for him to see.

"Can I hold her, please Mom? I promise I'll be careful!" Touya begged his mum with puppy eyes. Rei smiled at her oldest child while slowly placing the sleeping girl in his arms and fixed his arms to properly hold her.

Touya grinned down at his new baby sister, his eyes scanning her figure. He hovered a finger of his over her tiny bundled up hand. Keiko opened her hand and clasped it around his finger. His grin grew even larger at her gesture.

His mind started to fill with things he would teach her and fun they would have together. His eyes started shining with love and adoring for this little girl in his arms. Something felt special of her to him, she had this effect on him that no-one else could ever have.

"Little baby Keiko, I know I just met you, but I love you like you are one of my blood siblings. I'll protect you and care for you as I do for them." Touya vowed to her, putting their foreheads together.

Rei's heart melted at the scene. She hoped that they would accept her as she was one of their blood, and here the one she thought would be most likely not to, was the most accepting.

Now she would have to wait to see the reaction of the other two, who would hopefully accept her as their older brother did.