𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗

..:*°..:*°..:*°..:*°

» [Sunshine - Stray Kids] «
0:34 ────── 3:42
◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹

..:*°..:*°..:*°..:*°

╰┈*ੈ‧₊˚What the hell?! You can understand me?! ‧₊˚

"A hero must give the people who need rescuing peace of mind. You must be capable, of course, but your physical appearance, speech, and actions must be elegant if you're a hero. Do you understand?" Best Jeanist held up a comb, "In other words... Like this."

Y/n tried her hardest not to break into a fit of laughter at Bakugo. His hair was side parted and gelled down. Bakugo looked horrified at his appearance. Y/n had to turn around and bite into her arm to not let out any sound.

"Sure, Best Jeanist!" Best Jeanist's sidekicks agreed.

"I-I came to the wrong place..." Bakugo muttered.

"I came to the right place. This is so funny." Y/n whispered against her arm. Bakugo's hair sprung up into its original state, causing Y/n to burst out laughing. Tears were welling up in her eyes from laughter. Bakugo glared at her.

"Shut up, you Extra! It's not funny!" He yelled at her. Y/n laughed even more, holding onto her chair for support.

"It so is!"

Best Jeanist scooped up more gel and plopped it on Bakugo's head, making the said boy freeze. He took his comb again and combed it flat again. Bakugo sat up straight, letting the Pro Hero work with his hair, knowing he can't do anything to stop it.

"Hoekom is did nodig om my fokking hare reg te maak...?" (Why is it necessary to fix my fucking hair...?)  He muttered to himself in a foreign language. Y/n calmed down from her laughter, hearing what Bakugo said.

"Want jy moet elegant wees, Bakugo." (Because you must be elegant, Bakugo.) She teased him in the same language he spoke in. Bakugo stared at her in confusion, surprise, and interest.

"Jy kan verstaan wat ek sê?" (You can understand what I'm saying?) He asked her, wide eyed. She nodded.

"Ja, ek kan. Hoe weet jy om Afrikaans te praat?" (Yes, I can. How do you know how to speak Afrikaans?) She tilted her head in curiosity. Best Jeanist and his sidekicks glanced at each other in confusion at the strange language the teenagers were speaking but didn't say anything.

"My ouma grooitjie het in Suid-Afrika groot geword. Sy het did vir haar kinders geleer, en haar kinders leer dit toe vir hulle kinders, ens. En jy?" (My great grandma grew up in South Africa. She taught her children, and her children taught their children, etc. And you?) He told her.

"Daai's so cool! Ek het op 'n besigheid's toer saam met my pa gegaan na Suid-Afrika toe. Ons het daar met die pro helde gesels en goed. Ek was so geintereseerd in die taal wat hulle gepraat het dat ek dit aan geleer het." (That's so cool! I went on a business tour with my dad to South Africa. We talked to the pro heroes and stuuf. I was so interested in the language they spoke that I learned how to speak it.) She informed him.

"Jy weet, jy is nie so kak soos wat ek gedink jy was nie. Ons sal goeie vriende wees." (You know, you're not as shit as I thought you were. We will be good friends.) Bakugo said with a small smile, his eyes not glaring at her anymore. She looked surprised at Bakugo.

"Jy will my vriend wees? Fok, ek het nooit gedink daar sal 'n dag wees waar jy vir iemand vra om hul vriend te wees nie." (You want to be my friend? Fuck, I never thought there will be a day where you will ask someone to be their friend.) She chuckled to herself in disbelief.

"Bly stil, Toyomitsu! Jy intereseer my en jy ken my tweede huistaal, ek het respek vir jou. Ek is net vriende met die mense ek respekteer." (Shut up, Toyomitsu! You interest me and you know my second home language, I have respect for you. I'm only friends with people I respect.) He stated. Y/n made a face of understanding and nodded.

"Ek sien, dis regverdig. Kom ons begin van vooraf dan." (I see, it's fair. Let's start from the beginning then.) She held her hand out and smiled her closed-eye smile, her pearly white teeth on display. "My naam is Y/n Toyomitsu! Y/n is reg!" (My name is Y/n Toyomitsu! Y/n is fine!)

She looked so kind, her smile made Bakugo feel warm inside. She felt nice to be around, he noticed. She looked too pure to be friends with someone like him. Yet she still smiled and kindly introduced herself to him, wanting to be his friend. Bakugo slowly reached for her hand and took her delicate hands in his.

"Katsuki Bakugo, noem my Katsuki." (Katsuki Bakugo, call me Katsuki.) They shook hands, both having gentle small smiles on their faces.

"Aangename kennis, Katsuki!" (Pleased to meet you, Katsuki!) Y/n giggled in joy.

"Dieselfde vir jou, Y/n." (The same for you, Y/n.) Katsuki chuckled at her.

Bakugo knew that he isn't supposed to be soft, he really does. He is training to be the number 1 hero for crying out loud! He can't be soft while training! I'll give him a weakness if he cared a lot about a person and go soft for them. But how could he not just melt in Y/n's presence? She is so sweet and adorable, and ugh! He knew that she already has him wrapped around her finger, not that he'll really show it.

Someone cleared their throat behind Katsuki.

"What exactly are you two saying? What language are you speaking? I'm quite curious." Best Jeanist raised an eyebrow at them.

"Nothing!" They answered simultaneously, both looking at Best Jeanist before laughing.

"What's so funny?" The Pro Hero asked them. The heroes in training calmed down and answered, "Your face is so funny, the confusion you're showing is priceless." Y/n breathed out, calming herself down.

"But I am confused, I have no idea what you two are saying."

"You're not supposed to know, that's why it's in another language." Bakugo told him as Best Jeanist finished his hair.

"Hoe voel dit om plat hare te hê, Katsuki?" (How does it feel to have flat hair, Katsuki?) She teased him, a mischievous smile painted on her lips.

"Soos kak." (Like shit.) He stoically replied. "Ook, kan ons so rondom die ander praat? Een, omdat hulle nie ons sal kan verstaan nie en kan dan nie na ons gesprekke luister nie. En twee, omdat dit gaan snaaks wees om hulle gesigte te sien van verwarring." (Also, can we talk like this around the others? One, because they won't be able to understand us and they can't listen in on our conversations. And two, because it would be funny so see their faces of confusion.)

Y/n thought for a second before agreeing, "Sure." She smiled.

Best Jeanist sighed, already feeling a headache forming from trying to understand his interns.

"This is going to be a long internship..."

--------------------------------------------------------------

I made Bakugo Afrikaans after I saw this one TikTok (I'm not sure what the username was, but I'll look it up). Also, I thought it would be fun to add my home language in here! I will only be changing 3 characters' ethnicities. Them being Bakugo, Denki and Sero.

Hope you like it!

~Author and Editor