𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎

..:*°..:*°..:*°..:*°

  » [Scared - P1Harmony] «
0:46 ────── 3:08
◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹

..:*°..:*°..:*°..:*°

╰┈*ੈ‧₊˚Lol, look at his face! ‧₊˚

The three of them were standing behind a few bushes, watching every move of the shadow bird in front of them.

"Yeah... If we want to get through here, we'll have to do something about this first..." Shoji stated staring at the darkness engulfed area ahead of them.

High above the dark was Tokoyami panting because of the pure strength of Dark Shadow weighing him down.

"Get away from me...! You'll die!" Tokoyami shouted out of desperation to save his friends and classmates.

"Tokoyami!" Y/n and Deku shouted in unison.

Dark Shadow started to roam around in the woods around them, forcing the trio to hide behind a tree.

"Wh-what's going on, Shoji?!" Deku muttered in fear.

"Quiet." Shoji speedily said. "After Mandalay's Telepath about the villain attack telling us not to engage, we went on alert immediately. Right after that, we were attacked by a villain. I covered Tokoyami, hiding in the foliage even as my arm got cut off."

"Your arm...?!" Deku voiced too loud causing Y/n to elbow him about his loudness.

"Yeah... Even though it's not a shallow cut, it's not like I've lost it forever. My Dupli-Arms can even duplicate organs, and what was cut off was a duplicate. But I guess he couldn't even stand that. The Quirk he had been holding back started getting out of contro-"

Shoji was interrupted by the loud sound of Dark Shadow groaning.

"In deep darkness, he can't control it... I didn't realize his quirk was so peaky..." Deku stated.

"Shoji, how come it seems much stronger than when it went out of control last time?" Y/n quizzed the holder of the pair.

"It was probably his emotions, like righteous indignation and regret, that made it even more wild. He kept trying to hold it back, but...It reacted to any movement or sound, turning into a monster that was just lashing out with attacks indiscriminately."

The monstrous Dark Shadow broke a tree a few feet away from them, causing broken wood and tree branches to collapse next to them. Another command to the monster was voiced but was lost when it reached the ears of the receiver.

"Dark Shadow's weakness is light. We can rely on Y/n to create flames and it should calm down. Midoriya and Toyomitsu, no matter the circumstances, I don't want to become a person who leaves a suffering friend behind. Midoriya, you forced that body to get you here because you were worried about Bakugo, right? And Toyomitsu, you came to protect little Kota from being reached by any harm, even when you were injured on vital areas. If either of you think you can still move, I'll draw Dark Shadow away and open up a path for you to attack."