Cherry Blossom Tree

SAD
Highschool Au
Short story
Cute
ROMANTIC

Shuichi Saihara and Kokichi Ouma were two high school students who, despite their vastly different personalities, shared a deep connection. Shuichi was the quiet, serious type who had a knack for solving mysteries, while Kokichi was the mischievous prankster who loved to stir up trouble. Despite their differences, they had a strong bond that went beyond friendship.

It all started when they were paired up for a school project. Shuichi was initially hesitant to work with Kokichi, but as they spent more time together, he discovered a kind and caring person beneath Kokichi's playful exterior. Kokichi, on the other hand, was drawn to Shuichi's intelligence and quiet strength.

As they worked on their project, they grew closer, and before they knew it, they were spending all their free time together. They would go on walks, watch movies, and talk for hours about anything and everything.

One day, while walking home from school, Kokichi stopped in front of Shuichi and took a deep breath. "I have something to tell you," he said, looking straight into Shuichi's eyes. "I think I've fallen in love with you."

Shuichi was taken aback but couldn't deny the feelings he had developed for Kokichi as well. He took Kokichi's hand and said, "I love you too."

From that day on, they were inseparable. They would hold hands in the hallways, steal kisses in empty classrooms, and spend every moment they could together.

But their happiness was short-lived. The school year was coming to an end, and they knew that they would soon have to say goodbye. Kokichi was moving away to another city, and Shuichi would be staying behind.

On the last day of school, they met under their favorite cherry blossom tree in the school courtyard. Tears streamed down their faces as they held each other tightly, knowing that they may never see each other again.

"I'll never forget you," Shuichi whispered, his voice choked with emotion.

Kokichi pulled away and looked into Shuichi's eyes. "I'll never forget you either," he said, before pressing his lips to Shuichi's one last time.

As they parted ways, they knew that their love would never die, even if they were miles apart. They would forever cherish the memories they shared and hold onto the hope that one day, they might be reunited.