𝑰𝑽

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 3: Spoken lies

Amerie

𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚 April 17th, 8:19 am

April 17th, 8:19 am

❣︎

"Malani, pick up your feet mama." I smiled, watching her carefully swing her legs around the picnic table. Her eyebrows knitted together to focus through the frustration of her legs repeatedly hitting up against the inside from being too short.

I watched her bright eyes look up for help, her bottom lip poked out and nose wrinkled in a pout. Raising an eyebrow, I gestured for her to try one last time because that was something she hated and struggled with. When she couldn't get something the first time, she got frustrated and stopped because 9/10 Syre would do whatever it was for her.

"Help!" She reached her arms out, her frown only deepening once she realized I wasn't helping her.

I took a step back, just watching her as she reluctantly tried again to swing her legs over the bench. She went slow until she finally had her body facing mine, an immediate grin spread along her face as she clapped her hands excitedly.

"You see? You're a big girl, you don't need mommy's help with everything." I grabbed her hand to help her jump down from the tall bench.

The big pink and purple bubbles in her long hair bounced wildly. My mom had it pulled into two, with a bubble on both the top and bottom to hold the long mini twists that hung from her hair. She wore her favorite pink tutu that she was obsessed with, and a cute Bratz tank top from how hot it was being mid-April. She wore pink dunks on her feet, showing as she always did that her favorite color was undeniably pink.  

"Big!" She yelled with a small jump, before trying to get her small body away from my hold once seeing her cousins. "Mama!" She knitted her eyebrows together up at me once realizing I wasn't letting go of her.

"Relax, I don't need you running off anywhere and I can't see you." I looked around the large outdoor space, spotting the officers who guarded any possible area that could have been used to escape somewhere. Despite the space being filled with nobody but our family and friends, as it always was every 3 months.

With Syre's uncle being the head of both facilities, men and women's units, he got advantages that I benefited from for simply having his daughter. It was the only reason we associated with one another, and the only reason we stayed connected. On the second week of the month every 3 months, we got a big visitation day that included both of our families and friends. It was the only day outside of Saturday's that meant anything here, the only ones I could bare to get through despite being surrounded by so many people I didn't want to be around.